Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hello,
    I am new to webOS. I got the TouchPad for nearly 2 weeks.
    There are several things I like this tablet, others not.

I searched the forum, but looks like I haven't seen the question and answer. So please do not pound on me.

Seems like TouchPad do not support Unicode. When I view the web pages with asian language, letters on these web pages do not display correctly, and I can't really read. Is there any way I can read / write Asian language with TouchPad?

Thank you
    Just like on Palm Pre you can try to replace default ttf fonts with fonts containing Asian alphabet.
    Thanks Pilotovef.

Would you please show me how to. I am new to webOS, and I have no Palm Pre. I have an old berry curve....
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinh View Post
    Thanks Pilotovef.

Would you please show me how to. I am new to webOS, and I have no Palm Pre. I have an old berry curve....
    Updated: 09/01/2011
    New Prelude Font (v3) For Vietnamese Unicode:
    Recommend reading this page if you know Vietnamese because it is the most updated source:
    http://www.tinhte.vn/hoi-dap-chia-se...ont-v3-819453/

Seem like to 100% fix the Vietnamese unicode font issue, the default webOS 3.0 fonts named Prelude need to be edited to add Vietnamese character (credit to hoangtien1211)
    Download link:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13273147/web...on/Prelude.rar

Edited Prelude font will fix unicode in system & app (mail, facebook, browser bookmarks, history) and most websites.
    If some of your favorite website still have prolem display correctly, you can try adding extra unicode font.

Reboot is required when finish adding.

Guide to add font:

1. Turn on Developer mode for the HP TouchPad the same way as a smartphone.
    - Go to Just Type and type "webos20090606" without quotes or "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" without quotes.
    - Any of these will prompt the search to pull of the Developer Mode. You turn it on and your device should be in developer mode. If it requests a password you may just press submit.

2. Plug TouchPad to PC. Then run WebOSQuickInstall
    download from here http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-2-3-a.html

3. On WebOSQuickInstall go to Tools -> Send File
    - File, locate file font on PC that you want to copy over
    - In Destination, fill in /usr/share/fonts
    Repeat sending single font file untill you finish.
    Reboot is required.

If you have tried that first and some sites still messed up, then try to remove extra fonts added before by you that are not included above.

Guide to remove font:
    https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx/...60db8fe7%2F%29

Last edited by nguyen2011; 09/01/2011 at 12:58 PM.
    Gotta love how all it takes is a password to get stuff like this done...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacstar View Post
    Gotta love how all it takes is a password to get stuff like this done...
    Yes, with all other tablets you have to root the blasted thing to do stuff like this. webOS made it easy.
    I can't get Vietnam Daily to display properly? What font is that? Thanks
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmenot View Post
    I can't get Vietnam Daily to display properly? What font is that? Thanks
    Sorry to bmenot, please scroll up and readd the new correct font pack, it should work.
    Result
    Last edited by nguyen2011; 08/24/2011 at 11:20 PM.
    Hello,

Can you list all the fonts in your touchpad? I have a brandnew HP touchpad and I follow your directions. I am not able to see the vietnamese characters on the site TRANG NH

On the site vnexpress.net, when i go to homepage, I see the page fine. But when i click on the link on that page to read the article, I can't see vietnamese character again.

I guess I'm missing some fonts here.

THanks
    I got the same problem as "Saiyandt" has. I try to install more fonts and now my touchpad is not respond.
    It just the HP log and that is it. I cant even turn it off
    Anybody know what is going on

THanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyandt View Post
    Hello,

Can you list all the fonts in your touchpad? I have a brandnew HP touchpad and I follow your directions. I am not able to see the vietnamese characters on the site TRANG NH
    i have same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyandt View Post

On the site vnexpress.net, when i go to homepage, I see the page fine. But when i click on the link on that page to read the article, I can't see vietnamese character again.

I guess I'm missing some fonts here.

THanks
    also same problem
    I am finally make it work. However, when i restart the divice just the HP logo appear
    I have to reset it again
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNguyen View Post
    I am finally make it work. However, when i restart the divice just the HP logo appear
    I have to reset it again
    Sorry guys for the trouble.
    Please read the updated post above or go to the excellent how to do guide here:
    http://www.tinhte.vn/hoi-dap-chia-se...a-font-819453/
    Basically only new Prelude & Arial are needed.
    Adding more fonts will cause conflict.

Btw, nguyen2011 here and chuong2011 there is the same me
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyen2011 View Post
    Sorry guys for the trouble.
    Please read the updated post above or go to the excellent how to do guide here:
    TH
    Basically only new Prelude & Arial are needed.
    Adding more fonts will cause conflict.

Btw, nguyen2011 here and chuong2011 there is the same me
    After i add fonts from this thread, and still have problems viewing vietanamese characters on vnexpress site. i add more times_fonts from post #10 from member "2love1989". It's working good on vnexpress.net site.

Edit: still have problem on viet.rfi.fr site.
    since vnexpress is good, and iam happy with it. i don't want to add more fonts.
    I need to add arabic font support same way, does someone have an edited fonts file ?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waichai View Post
    After i add fonts from this thread, and still have problems viewing vietanamese characters on vnexpress site. i add more times_fonts from post #10 from member "2love1989". It's working good on vnexpress.net site.

Edit: still have problem on viet.rfi.fr site.
    since vnexpress is good, and iam happy with it. i don't want to add more fonts.
    I and some other at tinhte.vn have tested extensively and confirmed 100% that only edited Prelude & Arial will display correctly on all of these site
    Tin nhanh VnExpress - Đọc báo, tin tức online 24h, Tinhte.vn - C, TRANG NH, Zing tin tức & giải trí – Mạng xã hội, Yahoo! Vi, BBC Vietnamese - Trang tin chính, RFA Home, Bo, The Gioi Phim - Xem Phim Online, Phim Bo, Phim Le, Phim Hong Kong, Phim Truc Tuyen, Phim Viet Nam, Coi Phim Mien Phi, Knh14, YouTube - Broadcast Yourself., Ngi Sao - Daily News

The reason viet.rfi.fr is not working is because of the times_font. I can personally guarantee this. Just saying.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    No new update at this time.
    Last edited by nguyen2011; 08/28/2011 at 08:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyen2011 View Post
    I and some other at tinhte.vn have tested extensively and confirmed 100% that only edited Prelude & Arial will display correctly on all of these site
    Tin nhanh VnExpress - Đọc báo, tin tức online 24h, Tinhte.vn - C, TRANG NH, Zing tin tức & giải tr* – Mạng xã hội, Yahoo! Vi, BBC Vietnamese - Trang tin chính, RFA Home, Bo, The Gioi Phim - Xem Phim Online, Phim Bo, Phim Le, Phim Hong Kong, Phim Truc Tuyen, Phim Viet Nam, Coi Phim Mien Phi, Knh14, YouTube - Broadcast Yourself., Ngi Sao - Daily News

The reason viet.rfi.fr is not working is because of the times_font. I can personally guarantee this. Just saying.
    Hi Nguyen,

Thanks for reply, should i delete some extra fonts that i have added on this thread, and only add Prelude & Arial fonts from this site: TH
    thanks nguyen,

i got it now. i have to make exact fonts you have on your touchpad. I have to delete some extra fonts. You have 39 fonts totally on your touchpad, and i have 40 fonts since iam not able to delete bold.tff font. the goood thing is iam still able to view chinese character on chinese site. Now viewing vietnamese and chinese sites is perfect.

thanks your help.
    For different language:
    I want to get Arabic font support added, for webos where can I get them ? thanks for the guide btw
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast