Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post
    For different language:
    I want to get Arabic font support added, for webos where can I get them ? thanks for the guide btw
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ion-webos.html
    Thanks for this info. It is amazing why HP doesn't support many of the foreign languages by default. Again, poor poor execution on HP part.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyen2011 View Post
    Updated: For Vietnamese Unicode, only edited Prelude & Arial font is needed.
    Good reference:
    TH

Seem like to 100% fix the Vietnamese unicode font issue, the default webOS 3.0 fonts named Prelude need to be edited to add Vietnamese character (credit to hoangtien1211)

Edited Prelude font will fix unicode in system & app (mail, facebook, browser bookmarks, history) and some websites
    Only one extra unicode font : Arial needed to display correct font when browsing some other Vietnamese websites.

Edited Prelude + Arial unicode font:
    webOSFont.rar

Everything in my TouchPad font folder:

Reboot is required when finish adding.

Guide to add font:

1. Turn on Developer mode for the HP TouchPad the same way as a smartphone.
    - Go to Just Type and type "webos20090606" without quotes or "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" without quotes.
    - Any of these will prompt the search to pull of the Developer Mode. You turn it on and your device should be in developer mode. If it requests a password you may just press submit.

2. Plug TouchPad to PC. Then run WebOSQuickInstall
    download from here http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-2-3-a.html

3. On WebOSQuickInstall go to Tools -> Send File
    - File, locate file font on PC that you want to copy over
    - In Destination, fill in /usr/share/fonts
    Repeat sending single font file untill you finish.
    Reboot is required.

If you have tried that first and some sites still messed up, then try to remove extra fonts added before by you that are not included in webOS_Font.zip

Guide to remove font:
    https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx/...60db8fe7%2F%29

I followed this procedure for installing south asian fonts. This is what i observed.

Can't view the text in the browser by going to a south asian newspaper website. However, i was able to view the text in the email app. The message gets displayed properly..but not the subject line.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    i suggest do not remove any fonts that is stock on the webos because your apps and games won't work... for example need for speed hot pursuit wil not run, i had to use webosdoctor to restore!
    does that link to download the fonts from dropbox work for anybody? I keep seeing an error messge when I try to download it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xterminater View Post
    i suggest do not remove any fonts that is stock on the webos because your apps and games won't work... for example need for speed hot pursuit wil not run, i had to use webosdoctor to restore!
    I moved arialuni.ttf into the Heisei_Kaku......(japanese font) and now i can view south asian characters. Not sure how it will affect games or other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xterminater View Post
    thanks for info,
    i know why need for speed hot prusuit doens't work at first.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    does that link to download the fonts from dropbox work for anybody? I keep seeing an error messge when I try to download it...
    I have the same issue too.
    I went to the Vietnamese site that Nugyen2011 mentioned but couldn't find it there either.

can someone help with prelude and arial font download?

Thank you.
    Hello there, can someone please help me on how to add Khmer Unicode/fonts to work with Khmer websites? the webpage im trying to access is at ខ្មែរ. And when im trying load a podcast from the Khmer website it shows that the mime type is unsupported also. Also i found this website here at Khmer Software Initiative | ... makes Khmer Unicode run that allow you to install Khmer Unicode on to your computer. This is where i go daily for news and podcast feeds, it will be really appreciated and grateful if someone can help me on getting these to work without messing up the touchpad like some mention here.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    @ ThuiQuaDayNe
    New link & info is updated. Please see original post.
    Last edited by nguyen2011; 09/02/2011 at 12:52 AM.
    I'm sorry, but the language im looking for is in Cambodia (Khmer). The one posted in the original post is for Vietnamese.
  12. dl0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNguyen View Post
    I am finally make it work. However, when i restart the divice just the HP logo appear
    I have to reset it again
    I got into the same problem. How do I reset the touchpad?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    For those who stuck at HP logo, did you guys follow huongdan.txt in the .rar file? Sorry about that, OP did not update the guide, there shouldn't be step 8 where you delete all the fonts. He just fixed it.
    You need to download webOS doctor to hardreset TouchPad:
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...2hstnhwifi.jar

How does webOS Doctor work?

Run the tool on your computer.
    When prompted, connect your phone to your computer. Be sure to use the USB cable that came with your phone. webOS Doctor restores your phone's functionality and updates it to the latest software version.
    After your phone is reset, log into your Palm profile. Any information that you've backed up to your Palm profile is restored, including applications, contacts, and calendar events. Information from online accounts you synchronize with, such as Google or Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, is also restored.
    Thanks, will try this tonight. Hope it work.

The HP logo on my touchpad keep flashing

For those who stuck at HP logo, did you guys follow huongdan.txt in the .rar file? Sorry about that, OP did not update the guide, there shouldn't be step 8 where you delete all the fonts. He just fixed it.

When prompted, connect your phone to your computer. Be sure to use the USB cable that came with your phone. webOS Doctor restores your phone's functionality and updates it to the latest software version.
    After your phone is reset, log into your Palm profile. Any information that you've backed up to your Palm profile is restored, including applications, contacts, and calendar events. Information from online accounts you synchronize with, such as Google or Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, is also restored.

There's actually another way. I ran into similar issues because the instructions left out the part about needing to unzip the archive...

Anyhow, since the TP was still connected to the computer via WOSQI, I just unzipped the font archive, and used WOSQI to copy the individual fonts on to the TP and restarted (press both the power and home buttons until the TP reboots) and everything worked fine.
    Hi Nang, you are on the same boat as me. I need someone to help me on installing Khmer font on my hp touchpad. I am very much appreciated !! It is fustrated I cann't read a word on khmer websites.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12