Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I am from South Africa and I want to access our local news site:

News24, South Africa's premier news source, provides breaking news on national, world, Africa, sport, entertainment, technology & more.

However, this site thinks the TP is a mobile browser, and it loads the mobile version: News24, South Africa's premier news source, provides breaking news on national, world, Africa, sport, entertainment, technology & more. . Fair enough, there is a link at the bottom to the main page called 'WEBSITE'. However, clicking on this results in the following: Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter

Now, I have posted this on the Palm forums, but they cannot reproduce the problem and they also cant (or wont?) tell me how to actually trace the source of the problem.

Can anyone on this forum maybe give me a hint or two? Try the site on your touchpads? I would really appreciate it!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/18/2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: updated title
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    The WEBSITE link at the bottom works for me.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I probably should have made it more clear: When I click at the bottom on 'WEBSITE' I get this error...
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I don't know what to tell you. When I click on WEBSITE, in either the standard or Advanced Browser, I get right to the site without any problems. You might want to try clearing cache, cookies, etc...
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    What I cannot fathom is why nobody else gets this error, and me, I get it on my TP AND on Opera Mobile... And NEITHER platform seems to have ANY way to trace the problem.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    The other problem is that the Advanced browser is not available to me, since I can only access free apps. Tried clearing, partial erase...
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Any chance at all that the issue is somehow with your ISP and not your devices?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I should probably also mention that the opera mobile mentioned above runs on my symbian phone, no relation ito ISP. I also use different different ISPs at home and at work.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I dunno -- I feel like I just want to give up. Debugging this problem is like shooting in the dark while blindfolded.

Thanks for the ideas anyway.
    just out of curiosity, when you click is the WEBSITE link, what is the URL it takes you to? I get url=http://www.news24.com/?mobile=true
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    just out of curiosity, when you click is the WEBSITE link, what is the URL it takes you to? I get url=http://www.news24.com/?mobile=true
    That's what I got.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    yep, that's what I get too. I have also wondered about the isp etc. Do you think doctoring will work?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cronhan View Post
    yep, that's what I get too. I have also wondered about the isp etc. Do you think doctoring will work?
    It might...You did update to 3.0.2, right?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Yep, got it with original version as well as with 3.0.2.

I'll decide about the doctoring tomorrow, as I have erased twice already, and setting everything up again is a real pita. Feel like Win98 all over again.

Another option: I have the emulator, if I can reproduce it in there, is there a way to get more info from it? E.g. via the putty shell do tracert or something?