1.    #1  
    Hi all, I'm facing some crazy situation here, that makes me wonder where the globalization for people is.

I bought my Touchpad in Miami, but I live in france. My TP has a crack on its case because of the speakers, so I contacted hp's support in france and they agreed to replace it... Until they found out that the serial number was US. They forwarded me to the US support which told me that they could not do anything until I get a US shipping adress.

It's possible that the retailer I bought it to won't replace it since the 7 days of return are passed.

Now I find myself with a fresh new TP with a broken case!

Do you know a way I could get my replacement ? Cause I begin to find all this ridiculous!!
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Ship it to a HP in a US service center with a return address from a friend/family in US and then once is back have that person ship it to you in France.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tungsten C View Post
    Ship it to a HP in a US service center with a return address from a friend/family in US and then once is back have that person ship it to you in France.
    would love to do that but i have family in canada only and us hp support is for US only, not canada! I can't reach my frinds in the us for months now^^
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    would love to do that but i have family in canada only and us hp support is for US only, not canada! I can't reach my frinds in the us for months now^^
    Houston we have a problem...

Do you have insurance? can you purchase insurance?

then fix it and remove the insurance.. IF NOT ABLE THEN:

Ship it to HP I can give you a PO BOX number in US.

Send me a call tag from FEDEX or UPS

When I get it back I place call tag and send it to you.

I assume no responsibility for anything. All I will do is pick up the HP box from my PO BOX slap on it the call tag you send me and take it to FEDEX or UPS.

That's all I am willing to do. I will not even open the box when it comes back from HP whatever they send back, I will slap the call tag on it and place it in FEXED or UPS. Call tag must have all your information in case of a problem. they will contact you.

Let me know.
    Last edited by tungsten C; 08/18/2011 at 07:37 AM.