Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By kkhanmd
  • 2 Post By threed61#WN
  1.    #1  
    One TP simple feature that gets most Ahhhs from non webOS users is the sling shot closure of apps. It gets people everytime I demonstrate. It makes the TP instantly cool with non webOS users. They love the "Wheeee" as the app slings itself close.

What do you guys think, what TP feature have really helped you instant wow reaction?

btw after few tries, I have to restart my device to get the sound back, it still slings the app but no "whee" sound. After TP restart, sound comes back for few tries and goes out again. Any clues?
    update: it works when the center button is facing left/sideways as pointed by sledge007. Love it
    Last edited by kkhanmd; 08/18/2011 at 09:34 AM.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    It's an Easter Egg that, when I heard it for the first time, I wasn't sure if I heard it correctly, or if it was my youth coming back to haunt me

When you hold the TouchPad with the speakers up (button to the left), and pull down off the screen it will do that.

As far as wow things....a couple here. The synergy (that some here don't like) of all my pictures regardless of where they were in cyberspace, being accessible on my TouchPad was one them.

Lots of people say here "What's the big deal with multitasking?" well that seems to be another thing people are impressed with.

The ability to stream music/video from my PC to my TouchPad from anywhere, there's another.

Bear in mind most of my friends are nowhere near as tech-ified as I am, and most of them haven't even considered buying a tablet of any sort, and the few that did said they would probably go with something compatible with their phones (Android) and that's totally understandable by me.
    Notifications is hands down the feature that get the most ooooh's and ahhh's when i show it off. Followed closely by gestures (wish we had more though)
    I dream of World Wide webOS.
  4.    #4  
    didn't realize button to the left. Why not everyway?
    Somehow I missed mention of this feature. After reading this post, me and a couple of other beer drinkin idiots have indulged in some childish fun slingin away various 'images' into oblivion. Along with a few brain cells.
    kkhanmd and donman78 like this.
    how do you get tp to play music from Ur pc?n
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    It's an Easter Egg that, when I heard it for the first time, I wasn't sure if I heard it correctly, or if it was my youth coming back to haunt me

When you hold the TouchPad with the speakers up (button to the left), and pull down off the screen it will do that.

As far as wow things....a couple here. The synergy (that some here don't like) of all my pictures regardless of where they were in cyberspace, being accessible on my TouchPad was one them.

Lots of people say here "What's the big deal with multitasking?" well that seems to be another thing people are impressed with.

The ability to stream music/video from my PC to my TouchPad from anywhere, there's another.

Bear in mind most of my friends are nowhere near as tech-ified as I am, and most of them haven't even considered buying a tablet of any sort, and the few that did said they would probably go with something compatible with their phones (Android) and that's totally understandable by me.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by vinjunk View Post
    I would like to know that too
    People love throwing away the cards. It is still somehow satisfying to me every time I do it, and I've been doing it since the original Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by vinjunk View Post
    Take a look at the KalemSoft Streamer. There is a thread in the forum with a link to a demo version you can try for a week. You will install a server on your PC and edit a few settings in your router to allow the connection through the firewall (if you want to access from outside of your home LAN) and then you can access music and video files from the PC. I find it works well for music (albeit with a very simple music player), not so well with video (not sure if my PC is struggling to keep up with the encoding or if it's the network traffic). The demo version works for a week.

You can also look at UPnp AV Player in the catalog, but I haven't tried it yet (I'm just about to).
    I figured it out by throwing a fit trying to figure how to get it to go away! I dont RTFM!!
    The number row on the keyboard made me go "Aaaaah!! FINALLY!"
    I use my boyfriend's iPad regularly and it frustrates me when I have to switch back and forth since ALL of my usernames and passwords use a combination of letters and numbers.

But people usually get a kick out of the slingshot or just the cards themselves.
  12.    #12  
    Hey all you new comers, do you know about this, pulling the card down with the center button to left and then letting go of it? Sweet I say!