Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree12Likes
    Does HP have any intention to fix bugs? It seems this bug has been there since the beginning of time
    Hi there,

I found a good (but not easy way) to download all files I like. I installed a Ubuntu Chroot and I'am just using google chrome to solve this problem which works perfect. For every file I tried. Even rapidshare or mega download.
    At all I use google chrome as my main browser right now on the touchpad. Faster, tapped browsing, better rendering engine....

Hope this helps...
    Quote Originally Posted by JuJulian1987 View Post
    Hi there,

I found a good (but not easy way) to download all files I like. I installed a Ubuntu Chroot and I'am just using google chrome to solve this problem which works perfect. For every file I tried. Even rapidshare or mega download.
    At all I use google chrome as my main browser right now on the touchpad. Faster, tapped browsing, better rendering engine....

Hope this helps...
    Can you point me to a step by step guide to make this work? I looked up Ubuntu Chroot but I don't really understand what it does or how it relates to google chrome.
    I am a noob and am in the same boat as 3FLi
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3FLi View Post
    Can you point me to a step by step guide to make this work? I looked up Ubuntu Chroot but I don't really understand what it does or how it relates to google chrome.
    Here's the page that explains how it's done - How to Install Ubuntu on HP Touchpad | UbuntuChroot Tutorial Guide
    I tried files from filesonic but no way to get it to download, even with the path
    more ideas than Chrome?
    tx
    Quote Originally Posted by migu_be View Post
    I tried files from filesonic but no way to get it to download, even with the path
    more ideas than Chrome?
    tx
    think it was purposefully done by HP to sell more apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    think it was purposefully done by HP to sell more apps?
    and what apps would they be trying to sell?....

I've been having this problem also. On blackboard downloading files wont work. Really want this fixed.
    brum likes this.
    Hey, all - I want to try the patch out, but am unsure how. The link instructions say:

"You need to install both the ipk AND the patch, or it won't work.
    You also MUST install "Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$&$quot$; $from$ $Preware$.&$quot$;

How do I install the ipk and patch? Is this something I do on the TP, or do I need to put it in USB mode on my computer and do something? (the preware part I'm fine on.)

Thanks!
    anyone?
    Looks better in 3.0.4?
    besides dual booting with Ubuntu, is there a new way to download files more efficiently, thru a patch or new app? I would still like to download from rapidshare, mediafire or other direct download sites.
    this fixes it... just in case anyone was still wondering

http://forums.webosnation.com/native...downloads.html
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234