Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    the problem is the pop-up blocker. Try going into preferences and turning off your pop-up blocker temporarily so you can download the files, then turn the blocker back on.
    maybe someone could post a patch for the browsers to allow us to customize the pop-up blocker. Like on Firefox where you can choose to allow a site to give you pop-ups.
    there is a patch in preware that allows to download by pressing links in a browser, perhaps that will help.

i have no problem downloading "most" files supported by the touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    there is a patch in preware that allows to download by pressing links in a browser, perhaps that will help.

i have no problem downloading "most" files supported by the touchpad.
    We are talking here about files, that are placed on secured web pages (where you need to login) There is no doubt, that TP opens all PDF's and .doc's from anywhereelse without a problem.

-
    and no, this patch doesn't help
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeb.meyer View Post
    the problem is the pop-up blocker. Try going into preferences and turning off your pop-up blocker temporarily so you can download the files, then turn the blocker back on.
    nope, it isn't. I've tried this already. No use at all.
    What the Moderator in the Palm Bug report makes sense, someone even posted that the second request i 302 (redirect), Only work around for this is finding where the browser puts the cookies and possibly allowing the Download manager access to the same folder (probably initially blocked for security reasons, so another rogue program cant hijack/track your session, think banking website, etc)
    @ruben00 could you please post a link to these threads? thank you.
    I've started a patch request thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3129476
    I'll pay for the patch. If you want to speed up the process, we can make prize pool bigger. So please, PM me, if you want to help with patch or contribute money to patcher. Or just post in thread, that you want to help.
    Damn, I'm really annoyed by this as well. Really wanted to use this for school.

Also, noob question, how do you download .mp4 files without having it play automatically?
    I haven't found anyway to do mp4 files
    any word on this yet? I too need to download from blackboard and cant . The tp may not be that great of a netbook substitute even tho its cooler
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    can't download ANY files, not just pdfs. i tried to download an avi file off my dropbox and the download just wouldn't start.
    any update on this ? it potentially makes the touchpad useless for me.
    check the webos patch section of the forum. There's a patch
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Which patch??
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by just4sc View Post
    Which patch??

Sorry...didn't fully read what you wrote...I headed over to that thread and applied the fixes but still am having issues with some sites just downloading zero byte files. Hope the dev reads and is able to get a fix for it.
    that is exactly the issue I am having I can download many files from other websites but any files from Blackboard are not downloading, it also makes me accept the "trust" the site several times everytime, I log on to the site.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    ok so I've searched and searched and can't find anything. Had anyone found a work around yet for this? I really need to be able to download PDF files on my touchpad.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    is there s way to download files from direct download sites like mediafire, rapidshare, etc.? I installed the download link patch but it still won't start downloading. As a matter of fact I can't really get it to download even a picture with the download link button.
    Also is there a app to download torrents?
    Last edited by 3FLi; 09/19/2011 at 11:33 PM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast