Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Does it work on non-stock browsers?
    Tried advanced browser... same issue. Also tried patches available on here but don't work
    I am also experiencing the same issue, is there a work around or expected resolution date for this bug? It is an integral part of using this tab is downloading pdf's to ready.
    I'm just so shocked there aren't massive efforts to resolve this. No matter how nice webOS is, for many users it makes the device useless. Its really insane, I'll be switching to android the instant a useable beta is available as a result. Such a shame because the card system etc is genuinely nice and flash runs very smoothly.
    spudslatte#WN and brum like this.
    this not working essentially ruins the usefulness of the device for school. i really hope we get an update to fix this
    This is infuriating. Makes the Touchpad near useless to me in terms of on-the-go productivity. I hope they fix this soon...
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    Have you tried the Blackboard Mobile Learn app? It says it is compatible with the Touchpad in the App Catalog. Maybe that will allow you to download the files you need from blackboard? I'd try it out but I am not a college student and have no way to
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    That app works if your school allows it. However, not all schools do. Unfortunately I'm out of luck.
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    I assume your professors also don't have all the files they are going to use for the semester already on their blackboard sites? If they already had them available for you to download you could just download them all in advance on a pc and transfer them over and use them as you need them. I'm really surprised that they haven't fixed this yet, kind of a major bug.
    I have the exact same problem. I think there is somethign wrong with how download manager handles cookies or somehting. any files from a website that requires login cannot be downloaded. this is badddd
  11. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I have a thread about this from a long time a go ant it infuriating to learn that its unresolved on the touchpad... Grrr... I don't understand why no one on precentral ever want to talk about it or respond to my thread when I bumped it. It quite ridiculous.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Just wanted to add another log to the fire. I have the same issue and find it very frustrating. The workarounds are time-consuming and cumbersome. I hope someone can find a fix for it.
  13. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I want to know if there is a way to embed the required credentials in the url. Even with this workaround, it would have to be customized for each site.... They just need to fix this....
    so 2 years and still now fix SMH
    i downloaded my pdfs fine but My problem was that the pdfs from my yahoo email account was unreadable, but I got round the problem by internalz pro in preware, renaming the file and adding its extension.
    Last edited by johnn.j; 09/01/2011 at 12:57 AM.
    I realise this isn't exactly a simple solution, but I installed ubuntu and then chromium web browser to get round this issue. The downloads from chromium obviously work perfectly, then you can switch to adobe and read pdfs, or whatever other file you wanted before but couldn't download.

I wouldn't recommend this workaround though if you're not very familiar with using terminal in linux distros.... it is mostly done via terminal and requires some understanding of MAKE files, so yah, it definitely works..
    This so annoying! I can't use my Touchpad with my learning portal at University. That renders him almost useless then. What's the point of downloading all of them manually, and blahblahblah.. Can't wait for fix. Does anybody know, what is the reason?
    I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT TOUCHPAD USERS THAT NEED TO ACCESS BLACKBOARD TO DOWNLOAD FILES TO USE THE OFFICIAL APP IN THE APP CATALOG, EVEN THOUGH IT RUNS IN THE EMULATOR. THE APP IS CALLED MOBILE LEARN.

This seems like a Blackboard limitation. If you use the Blackboard app for webOS, though it is not optimized for the TouchPad's larger screen, you should be able to download files. It worked fine on my Sprint Pre -

My school uses another system called Angel (possibly a spin-off of Blackboard) and I am able to download files (pdf, doc, ppt) without any problems. Everything downloads quickly and opens fine in Quick Office.
    I am, therefore I think
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    This seems like a Blackboard limitation. If you use the Blackboard app for webOS, though it is not optimized for the TouchPad's larger screen, you should be able to download files. It worked fine on my Sprint Pre -
    This is not a Blackboard limitation. It is an oversight by the webOS designers/developers. A very dumb oversight. Look at the "bug" listed on the previous page of this thread.
    Perhaps a bounty is in order. I am in for 5. This truly is substandard imo.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast