Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree35Likes
  1. AZ8
    The fact the neither company has "confirmed or denied" the article is telling!! The silence speaks for itself.

BB won't confirm it because they have a long relationship with HP and selling their PC's. They see no need to rub salt in the wound.

Now not hearing a peep from HP is surprising. It leads us to believe the numbers are accurate.

Personal observation: Some of you are way too emotionally attached to this and can't see the forest for the trees. Don't take it personal when news like this comes out. Your life, your well being will never be determined by a software operating system. Life is short! Enjoy it!
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    I can blame Best Buy for ordering 240,000 Touchpads thats waaaayyy too many!...Those numbers are fishy I could see 100,000 to start off with... The AllthingsD article lost all credibility with me when it started spewing those types of numbers... Best Buy would have to be really dumb to order so many of a first generation product in a brand new market in this economy...
    I blame HP for allowing BB to order 240,000 of a first generation product in a brand new market with this economy. Why did HP think BB could sell that many devices. HP of all the people in this chain new the problems WebOS faced along with the OS problems. HP should have been more realistic.

See it goes both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Nope. Because it opens the door to further questions, and a misconstruction of those answers.

You will seldom find a company commenting on rumors based on rumors in one article. The article really speaks for itself, to anyone paying attention.
    you can't keep denying this, what good does it do? make people feel better for two more days?

HP needs a solution urgently, drinking more coolaid will only deter it from doing so and ruined the future of webOS, are you sure you are contributing positively to the future of webOS by simply pretending problem doesn't exist?
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    They don't hire electrical and computer engineers to work the sales floor at Best Buy.
    Why would they hire an engineer to sell phones and televisions? Who would work hard to get an engineering degree and then settle for working at Best Buy? Lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    you can't keep denying this, what good does it do? make people feel better for two more days?

HP needs a solution urgently, drinking more coolaid will only deter it from doing so and ruined the future of webOS, are you sure you are contributing positively to the future of webOS by simply pretending problem doesn't exist?
    You've lost me dude. I'm not denying anything, I'm simply stating facts. No one has verified any of this information, and yet folks are pretending it's gospel.

It's not. It's a rumor. Akin to the rumors one sees on here about when what is being released and by whom. Repeat enough rumors, one of them might come true.
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    your assessment of 'best buy' on the whole crap. Perhaps some stores suck, however I am a manager at a best buy and I guarantee my store would knock you back with their knowledge.
    SnotBoogie likes this.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I think the simple truth is that people that follow these type of tech devices do not use the brick and mortar store route any longer to make their purchases, henceforth why the TouchPad sales numbers are much better on sites such as Amazon. In my case, it has been over 3 years since I've walked into an actual store to purchase a tech device.
    this is why one day my store will be closed. Why you will complain about your local taxes because brick and morter taxes will no longer be there to supplement your towns. Why you will not get to touch or feel a product and base your life on reviewers ti do the touching and feeling for you.... Facts are tricky things, but in the end shopping online will kill the experience and excitement of your own experience... Living vicarously sucks.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    ummmm... Staples could be sold out because they didn't order very many and/or they had a huge sale on them.
    Ding Ding Ding... give this man a prize

IMHO, Staples saw the writing on the wall, cut their losses and blew out the TP from inventory.

My bet is that they order FAR less next time around.
    I will say this, every iPad user I have shown my TouchPad to has been very impressed. Even my wife would rather use my TouchPad over our iPad.

take it for what it is worth.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234