1.    #1  
    Folks,

Having owned a Pre- and recently upgrading to a Pre2 it seemed only natural to get myself a HP Touchpad.

Having received the Touchpad today I'm left asking a couple minor questions.

Firstly, from browsing these forums and watching numerous youtube videos I was of the impression that most tablets came preloaded with a number of applications. I note that mine was only showing the permanent system and utility apps (photos, music etc).

So I ask, have I been mistaken or do non-eu Tablets benefit from pre-loaded apps? If so, what reasoning is there for my UK purchased tablet to be left out?

In a similar vein, I'm wondering why my App catalog doesn't boast all the Apps available on the US app store. Is there any way I can reach these apps, many of which are highly recommended within this forum.

Finally, I managed to pair my Pre2 with the TP via bluetooth. The settings indicate that I can receive calls and transmit SMS, yet I have only been able to do the former. I ran a search and realised that at present only Pre3's can achieve a full-sync which allows web-touch-transfer and SMS sharing but is there likely to be an update which will make such things possible with a Pre2?

Regards, Yalden.

P.S. My software is 3.0.0, will the tablet auto-update or do I need to somehow initiate this? My phones have always notified me automatically, so far I've yet to receive anything!
    You've got to initialize the 3.0.2 update (at least I had to). Go to the launcher, "settings" pane, then look for "system update".

Apps in the catalog are region specific, I believe.
  3.    #3  
    Jon,

Thanks for the reply, I'll try the update once connected to my home wifi as am currently tethered through my mobile device.

Such a shame on the difference in apps, I see no reason for it...

Yalden
    sms only works with pre-3
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    The difference in apps has been around since the beginning, and yes, from what I have read, the update should correct the other issue.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  6. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    my TP upgraded on its own. I didn't select the upgrade, I was asked a few times if I wanted to upgrade but I wanted to work on the original version for a while to see if I could replicate a lot of the problems the reviewers had. I woke up one morning and it said it had updated to the new release.
    the reason why you may not get all the apps available in the us is because developers may not make specific apps outside the us. When they submit their app I believe there's a button where they want their app available for download.