Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree1464Likes
    First I would like to extend a thanks from the WOSI group to all those who donated money for development devices, specifically the Pre3 and TouchPad.

Now to the main point of this post... Would any of you who donated object to these funds (in addition to Pre3s and TouchPads) being spent on "alternate" dev devices in an effort to bring WebOS to non-HP/Palm phones. I like many of you out there am a loyal Sprint customer and I think it would be great to try and get WebOS up and running on some of the new Android devices that are out there (like the new Samsung Galaxy S II). This would be a side experiment by me and maybe a few other WOSI devs and by no way implies that WOSI is making a group change in direction away from official WebOS hardware. We would only be purchasing a few devices to start with and there is also no guarantee that this will work. I am just sick of waiting for WebOS to come back to Sprint. I also want to make it clear that I am not asking for more donations to support this effort, only for your blessing to reallocate some money that we already received that would have other wise been spent on a Pre3.

If you are in favor of this "like" this post and/or leave a response.

Again, WOSI thanks your all for your support!
    Last edited by PuffTheMagic; 08/31/2011 at 11:23 PM.
    I would b interested to see if it could be done .
    ĦṔ-Ḷ°ěṫ-Ŧḯěη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    As someone who was just forced off webOS by lack of new hardware, I would love to see this happen!
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I'm stuck on Verizon, but would love to see webOS on top-notch hardware. I know Sprint folks have been long-suffering, and really need new hardware. Go for it.
    WebOS Internals, you have my support for $300.

I'm mad now. I used to be passive about which OS you had on your phone. If you wanted Android or iOS, that's your own prerogative. But now that we're staring death in the face a second time, I'm not going to just stand back and watch whatever passes. From today forward, I will fight the good fight for the best smartphone platform out there.

WebOS Internals is a big reason why our platform is the best. Thanks for everything you do!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananawani View Post
    WebOS Internals, you have my support for $300.

I'm mad now. I used to be passive about which OS you had on your phone. If you wanted Android or iOS, that's your own prerogative. But now that we're staring death in the face a second time, I'm not going to just stand back and watch whatever passes. From today forward, I will fight the good fight for the best smartphone platform out there.

WebOS Internals is a big reason why our platform is the best. Thanks for everything you do!
    I just want to restate that there is no guarantee that this goal will be accomplished nor do I have any idea what I will be able to legally provide to people beyond a description of what I've done.
    Just donated $50.
    Thank you for the awesome work you guys do and your dedication. You make me want to be a dev!
    donated $50.
    Thank you for the works.
  9. Dis
    $30 from me too. Keep up the good work guys!
    Great work by you all at WOSI.

Here is US$150 from my TouchPad rebate I just got through - hope it helps!!

Thanks,
    Mark
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    First I would like to extend a thanks from the WOSI group to all those who donated money for development devices, specifically the Pre3 and TouchPad.

Now to the main point of this post... Would any of you who donated object to these funds (in addition to Pre3s and TouchPads) being spent on "alternate" dev devices in an effort to bring WebOS to non-HP/Palm phones. I like many of you out there am a loyal Sprint customer and I think it would be great to try and get WebOS up and running on some of the new Android devices that are out there (like the new Samsung Galaxy S II). This would be a side experiment by me and maybe a few other WOSI devs and by no way implies that WOSI is making a group change in direction away from official WebOS hardware. We would only be purchasing a few devices to start with and there is also no guarantee that this will work. I am just sick of waiting for WebOS to come back to Sprint. I also want to make it clear that I am not asking for more donations to support this effort, only for your blessing to reallocate some money that we already received that would have other wise been spent on a Pre3.

If you are in favor of this "like" this post and/or leave a response.

Again, WOSI thanks your all for your support!
    If you could do it, that would be wonderful (and might light a fire under someone like Samsung to do it themselves). The Galaxy S II is making my teeth hurt - I want that hardware, and I can't stand Android!
    Just donated $30.

Don't even have my TP yet but these guys deserve it - and Preware will be the first thing I put on my TP when I get it.
    There I have done it. I clearly want to support you and thank you for all the hard work the webOS internals team has put in. I certainly have taken advantage of it and share in the community you have built.

32.00 is my contribution.

Thanks again!

Michael Trujillo
    $25 more -- confimation 5KX143905F3752002

I just updated my poor old Sprint Pre- to WebOS 2.1, it worked great and gave my phone a litte more life :-)
  15.    #415  
    New Total = $14,455.00 !!
    jfoster193, Dis and bevcraw like this.
    I donated $32.
    I am a new owner of both a TouchPad and a Pre 3.
    Thanks to webOSinternals (Impostah) I was able to activate my Pre 3 in the Netherlands and have access to paid apps in the US App Catalog.
    Very grateful for that!
    another 35$ from my side
    keep up the great work!!

living on pre+ in Blegium for some time now, looking forward to a great future
    Great job WebOS Internals!!!

Here is my appreciation donation:

N˙mero de confirmaciˇn:
    0L1047970L585113F
    Total: $75.00 USD
    Finalidad: Donation to WebOS Internals for Preware development
    Referencia: Preware
    Donated $50 Thanks WebOs Internals!!
    Update:
    I noticed some people include confirmation info

Confirmation number: 9V124217YG8452927
    Donation amount: $50.00 USD
    Total: $50.00 USD
    Purpose: Donation to WebOS Internals for Preware development
    Reference: Preware
    Last edited by happygirl323; 09/01/2011 at 06:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rkous View Post
    I donated $32.
    I am a new owner of both a TouchPad and a Pre 3.
    Thanks to webOSinternals (Impostah) I was able to activate my Pre 3 in the Netherlands and have access to paid apps in the US App Catalog.
    Very grateful for that!
    That is great!.
    I would probably ask you how to do that once I get my Touchpad, because here in Mexico we do not have paid apps, only free ones.