Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree1464Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkinz View Post
    question, would I get the HB supporter badge aswell?
    Oh yeah, what happened to the badge? When do we get them?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Oh yeah, what happened to the badge? When do we get them?
    Usually a week after the Web-a-thon finishes, but it's completely up to the PreCentral staff's workload I would expect.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    bevcraw and HelloNNNewman like this.
    I feel there should be an appeal posted on the front page and in a sticky on the forums, to all the new 'firesale' TouchPad owners to donate to webOS Internals. For, webOS Internals not only adds value, performance and funtionality to the Touchpad, but they are also, who will ensure that webOS lives and survives long after if and when HP stops supporting webOS. Mind you, I think that the if is a rather big 'if'. But even then it is certainly a possiblity with all the uncertainity around webOS currently. Even if only just all the new members on precentral.net donated just $10 each, it would still add up to a huge amount. Approx. 7000 new members @ $10 a piece, you are looking at $70,000, an amount that should go a long ways. Ofcourse if the same concerted effort could be made by all the webOS related websites, this amount could be even larger.

PS: People should look at it as just $10 more that they paid for the Touchpad.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/02/2011 at 07:26 PM.

Most liked thread...ever The views are catching up to the dollars. +1 Sanjay's idea. I'd like to hope I can get a long life out of this device, and having webOS Internals around is key for adding that longevity.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    I love my OC'd Touchpad! These guys made it MUCH faster while keeping the battery life the same (maybe better), so thank you very much! I'm in for $30!

Now we need someone to develop a better web browser!

no offense but how does the recent events from hp effect the webos internals group?
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    no offense but how does the recent events from hp effect the webos internals group?
    Rod's statement in Post #1 was added after the HP announcement. As he has said several times on twitter, it is business as usual for webOS Internals.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    Their work now becomes even more important. For one, in the event that HP shuts down the Palm profile servers, then it is their work which will enable us to re-login to our phones and tablets incase we need to doctor them. Also, it is their work that will allow us to be able to back up our applications and to be able to restore them after doctoring. Most importantly, in the event that HP shuts down the app store, 'Preware' will continue to provide a fully effective delivery method for apps. I am sure others could come up with even more reasons, but in any case it is clear that the work of webOS Internals has become that much more important in the context of the recent developments. Ofcourse the fact that we all continue to benefit from their work even as we speak, is more than enough reason for us to whole heartedly support them.

EDIT: It may be "business as usual" for Rod and webOS Internals, but the fact is their work may become significantly more important due to the recent developments.

WebOS rocks, WebOS-Internals rocks it more.

Donated $50
    bevcraw and sledge007 like this.
    just donate 20$ , great work
    bevcraw, sepherous and sledge007 like this.
  11.    #331  
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkinz View Post
    question, would I get the HB supporter badge aswell?
    See the first post of the thread You get them by donating $30 or more. The badges will be assigned to the accounts after the event is over (it will take a bit of time to do).
  12.    #332  
    Newest Donation Tally = $12,240.77

You all are amazing!!
    bevcraw, daffy4u and sledge007 like this.
    Only $10 for me ... :-( for now
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Newest Donation Tally = $12,240.77
    This is incredible! Who said "webOS is dead"?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    $50. Thanks for all the hard work on preware, the kernels, patches, impostah and the upcoming xecutah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    PS: People should look at it as just $10 more that they paid for the Touchpad.
    this is exactly how I viewed it. except it was $30. bringing my touchpad costs to $200 even, heh.
    Can't donate till my tuition bill clears probably this upcoming week, but expect something from me soon Just wanted to say thanks for the hard work u put in.

ps. i love seeing some of those new accounts posting on this thread
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    donated $10 and I can't thank you all enough for not only the tech you have all created but the fun I have had watching as these ideas/hacks/patches and programs are developed and then given to the community.
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Donated $30 , i have been a silent leecher on this forum so far. Willing to contribute now on
    Let's keep this this going, donating another $30 to make my amount donated an even $100. webOS rocks on!

0S4038523V217651J