Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Derek Kessler
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    With lower than expected sales, HP is forced to play catchup again despite having arguably the best mobile OS. Found this article with features that mysteriously disappeared from the released touchpad. HDMI and USB 3.0 would have made the touchpad infinitely more competitive today.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    Anything that makes improvements (HDMI, USB3, etc...) would have been a bonus, but as usual...hindsight is 20 20!

HP has definitely put themselves in a pinch, but only because the media defines opinion. If Apple made the TouchPad...the media would be screaming "the TouchPad is a gift from God" and "Steve has done it again!" HP though is not Apple and lining up Zombies to buy everything they invent. I would know, I used to be one of them, but IOS just didn't work for me and thankfully I found webOS.

HP needs to hit everything from this point forward out of the park. The Pre 3 has to be perfect in form and function. Does it need Dual-core Processors...probably not...it's a smartphone and 1.4 ghz is super fast and capable with the right RAM support in place. WebOS though HAS TO BE PERFECT....no giving writers and journalist fuel for their fires.

I'm looking forward to the Pre 3 being a long Pre- users simply making things work. The Pre 3 has everything I need and hopefully what a lot of other people are waiting for. We'll just have to wait and see! My God...not more wait! Sorli...
    Last edited by sorli; 08/17/2011 at 10:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Anything that makes improvements (HDMI, USB3, etc...) would have been a bonus, but as usual...hindsight is 20 20!

HP has definitely put themselves in a pinch, but only because the media defines opinion. If Apple made the TouchPad...the media would be screaming "the TouchPad is a gift from God" and "Steve has done it again!" HP though is not Apple and lining up Zombies to buy everything they event. I would know, I used to be one of them, but IOS just didn't work for me and thankfully I found webOS.

HP needs to hit everything from this point forward out of the park. The Pre 3 has to be perfect in form and function. Does it need Dual-core Processors...probably not...it's a smartphone and 1.4 ghz is super fast and capable with the right RAM support in place. WebOS though HAS TO BE PERFECT....no giving writers and journalist fuel for their fires.

I'm looking forward to the Pre 3 being a long Pre- users simply making things work. The Pre 3 has everything I need and hopefully what a lot of other people are waiting for. We'll just have to wait and see! My God...not more wait! Sorli...
    It's not 20/20. HP dropped the ball and forgot their own rule-offer twice the hardware of Apple. I played around with an Acer Iconia and it had all these ports and was lighter than the touchpad. Quite a few people have mentioned the lack of video out and to a lesser degree usb, +/- sd card slot are deal killers when considering the touchpad. The Galaxy tab may not have these ports but it's backed by Android unlike little known webOS.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    You sure thats not the HP Slate?
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    bevcraw likes this.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    You sure thats not the HP Slate?
    Doesn't really matter, how can HP call this an enterprise device without an ability to display presentations? A consumer device but inability to hookup even a digital camera? They can talk cloud all they want but you still need to download pictures before you send them to the cloud.
    Love my TP, Gemini and Box.net enable me to send files to my device without usb hookup but that's a little convoluted for the average consumer
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad