1.    #1  
    so does anyone have a semi-suitable solution for doc editing and the likes till we get some real apps soon(tm),

so far im looking at workable cloud methods, i tried eyeOS Web Desktop, Cloud Computing Operating System and Web Office a web based os which has a word package and more, kinda works but i occasionally get popups stating my session has expired, i can ignore it and carry on tho.

Also tried A Complete Set Of Tools For Your Business (a google competitor hosted on erm google) works fine, 95% of it is fine and quick, only some functions popup a new window while shrinking the rest making it hard to see/read/select things, but still my best find so far, and amazingly fast compared to anythign ive tried so far.
    Quick snap : http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/1534/quicktest.png

Tried the microsoft online office as well, nice idea but this was the worst, horribly slow, and i mean H o r r i b l e, eventually it just locked up and did nothing.

anything else out there people have found?
    I have tried Google Docs, and it works basically well, but you need a Wifi in order to access it. I'm anxiously awaiting a stand-alone program that will allow me to work on documents anywhere.
  3.    #3  
    yup same here until then its which online ones i can use, i have a mobile mifi so can do that at least, atm tho ive noticed its not really whats feature packed that i think is best but what runs fastest through the browser thats of great help.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    so does anyone have a semi-suitable solution for doc editing and the likes till we get some real apps soon(tm),

so far im looking at workable cloud methods, i tried eyeOS Web Desktop, Cloud Computing Operating System and Web Office a web based os which has a word package and more, kinda works but i occasionally get popups stating my session has expired, i can ignore it and carry on tho.

Also tried A Complete Set Of Tools For Your Business (a google competitor hosted on erm google) works fine, 95% of it is fine and quick, only some functions popup a new window while shrinking the rest making it hard to see/read/select things, but still my best find so far, and amazingly fast compared to anythign ive tried so far.
    Quick snap : http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/1534/quicktest.png

Tried the microsoft online office as well, nice idea but this was the worst, horribly slow, and i mean H o r r i b l e, eventually it just locked up and did nothing.

anything else out there people have found?
    I'd recommend TapNote & the free Dropbox account. Edit your documents as text, then import them into your word processor for the final copy.

Not optimal, but it works.

Small side note, even on my PC, I typically use a text editor until I'm ready for final formatting, then I put it all in MS Word.
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
    Zoho is a nice cloud office suite with pretty much everything:
    A Complete Set Of Tools For Your Business

Dragos
    Just saw you already tried it.
  7.    #7  
    at least some1 else has tried/heard of it, had blank stares from friends/family that are online junkies.
    Besides the pure office stuff, I like the fact that it has a Notebook app which is quite a nice alternative to Evernote.

Dragos
    You know what'd be great? Scratch HD.