Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
  1.    #1  
    Check this up:

HP TouchPad 32 GB - HP webOS 3.0 1.2 GHz - HP gloss black - English / United States

I've made a simple sum of those users who actually reviewed their devices, and the result is 418,775.

one of the missing retailers is amazon which apparently got 6,671 reviews only for the 16gb model as u can see here:

Seller reviews

Thinking that there is so many retail sellers and online sellers are missing from the top list, plus many of the people that buyed the device usually don't review it, I think the claimed "bad seller" is a bit away from truth and remember the device only shipped about a month from now....

There is too much misinformation in the media, Google and Apple are distorting things... They know that WebOS is a real competitor and the best out there!

PS: BTW did you guys saw that rates? 4.5/5 stars to all of them, that's great because some users will help to push the device into the market even further.

PSS: Can you P|C guys make a good story about those thinking's?
    Titan078 and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pgarcia View Post
    Check this up:

HP TouchPad 32 GB - HP webOS 3.0 1.2 GHz - HP gloss black - English / United States

I've made a simple sum of those users who actually reviewed their devices, and the result is 418,775.

one of the missing retailers is amazon which apparently got 6,671 reviews only for the 16gb model as u can see here:

Seller reviews

Thinking that there is so many retail sellers and online sellers are missing from the top list, plus many of the people that buyed the device usually don't review it, I think the claimed "bad seller" is a bit away from truth and remember the device only shipped about a month from now....

There is too much misinformation in the media, Google and Apple are distorting things... They know that WebOS is a real competitor and the best out there!

PS: BTW did you guys saw that rates? 4.5/5 stars to all of them, that's great because some users will help to push the device into the market even further.

PSS: Can you P|C guys make a good story about those thinking's?
    Seller ratig is reviews for sellers, and they all sell other stuff. There are 70 touchpad reviews, as indicated by the number at the top.
    SnotBoogie likes this.
    Things aren't going well according to this one
  4.    #4  
    Wow I see... my bad interpretation from those numbers...
    Quote Originally Posted by pgarcia View Post
    Wow I see... my bad interpretation from those numbers...
    Yeah, I think those reviews are for the seller, not the product.

Looking at the bestbuy site the 16GB has only 46 reviews and scores 4.1 out of 5.

For comparison however, the 16GB Galaxy 10.1 has 56 reviews and scores 4.6. so either their sales are in the same ballpark, or webOS users are more likely to write reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post

Looking at the bestbuy site the 16GB has only 46 reviews and scores 4.1 out of 5.

For comparison however, the 16GB Galaxy 10.1 has 56 reviews and scores 4.6. so either their sales are in the same ballpark, or webOS users are more likely to write reviews.
    I dont know the second, but I would safely say this same thing to samsung: this is a $499 fruitpad market, anybody else with $499 is running towards hell. Only ASUS is smart enough apparently.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post

I wonder if that 4.1 is skewed by the 3.0 software. or if the main concern is build quality.
    a 4 out of 5 isnt bad
    maybe a lot of people didn't care to post a review. I know I rarely post a review after a product purchase. I know the numbers wouldn't change too much but it's something to keep in mind.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    The fact that the price dropped so quickly is all the confirmation you need.
    theRIMMER and emceesquared like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    The fact that the price dropped so quickly is all the confirmation you need.
    didnt apple drop the price of the iphone after being out a few days on att

Apple to offer $100 store credit to iPhone customers | Apple - CNET News
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post

Two months. And the original iphone price was simply insanely high.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post

Yes, because it wasn't selling that well.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Best Buy sitting on a pile of unsold HP tablets | Digital Media - CNET News

This article would disagree with your assertion....
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Can we expect another price drop??
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Is it always doom and gloom on this site? Seriously. I'm new to webOS so maybe I'm missing some of the history you guys have went through. But head over to the Windows Phone 7 site and read the early posts. Go out and read some early reviews. Same thing as this. Microsoft wouldn't release sales numbers, only "shipped" numbers. They kept hanging on though, and now have a growing app store and about to push out a major update. Reputable sources are saying Windows Phone 7 will at least surpass Apple within a couple years.

Just give the product some time. Anything that is not an iPad is doomed to fail according to bloggers, who need to get a real job #1, and then learn about technology so they can write about it. Why does everyone give so much credibility to something because they read it on some tech site??
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    THIS on BGR this morning. :-/
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    You understand that the article being provided over and over again is just a regurgitation of a rumor presented by AllThingsD. Look at Yahoo, CNet, Gizmodo, Precentral and they all lead back to a single source. I'm not saying that the source isn't right, but I feel that there should be at least a little skepticism about just plopping the links out there as though it's absolute and undeniable fact.
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    You understand that the article being provided over and over again is just a regurgitation of a rumor presented by AllThingsD. Look at Yahoo, CNet, Gizmodo, Precentral and they all lead back to a single source. I'm not saying that the source isn't right, but I feel that there should be at least a little skepticism about just plopping the links out there as though it's absolute and undeniable fact.
    It's what every site does, even this one. I can start a WordPress blog site today and just point to other sources and write a little introduction to it. In fact, I think I will

Someone give me a good name for the site!
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Again, just a regurgitation of AllThingsD without any corroborating information or further analysis. Just because the same story shows up on 100 sites doesn't make it fact. We need to stop propagating rumors and let the story actually play out. And MAYBE just MAYBE put some pressure on these blogs and news outlets to do some real digging and real reporting.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast