Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #1  
    $50 Promo Code FAQ

What are the qualifications?
    1. Purchase a Touchpad between July 1st and August 4th from a qualifying retailer (e.g. no QVC.)
    2. Purchased in the US

How many applications is the code valid for?
    The code is valid until the funds are depleted or until the expiration date has been reached.

Do I have to enter the code every time I purchase an app?
    If you select the link that is provided in the email that is sent to you then the code is automatically saved in the app catalog, if you manually type it then it is not remembered and must be entered every time.

Can I receive cash instead of the coupon?
    The coupon is non-redeemable and has not financial value.

I used the code on an application I didnít really want, can I get the money back?
    All sales are final.

Can I give the code to someone else to use?
    The codes are generated on a per user basis codes are non-tradeable.

Can I purchase an application that costs more than what funds I have available?
    The code can only be used on items that cost equal or less value funds you have remaining.

I live outside of the US and did not receive a promo code.
    Promo codes are only available for devices purchased in the US.

I believe I should have received a promo code but didnít, What should I do?
    You should contact HP support for further assistance. (I can also assist if you prefer to go that route). Be prepared to provide the following information
    1. Palm profile email address
    2. Proof of purchase (either via email or fax)

If you have any other questions that you would like to know please post in the thread.

If you would like clarification on a question please post in the thread.

If you disagree with the process or if you do not like the qualification requirements you are welcome to voice feedback, however I will not address any of those issues.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Always looking out for us, HardBeatZ. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    is amazon an authorized retailer? i still havent recieved mine -=\
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    is amazon an authorized retailer? i still havent recieved mine -=\
    Yes. QVC is the only one that is not considered a qualifying retailer.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Yes. QVC is the only one that is not considered a qualifying retailer.
    Why is QVC not an authorized retailer when they are listed as authorized retailer for the $50 rebate?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Why is QVC not an authorized retailer when they are listed as authorized retailer for the $50 rebate?
    Word choice...I never said they were not an authorized retailer, because they are. However, purchases made through QVC are being credited back by QVC therefore we will not be offering a promo code on top of that.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Thanks for the clarification.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    uh, I purchased through QVC and I found promo code in my profile. Should I blow through the $30 credit I have left before someone catches on?
    becrazy2 likes this.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    So are you saying that everyone who is getting the credit should already have it in their profile? Because I bought mine from Wal-Mart on 7/1 and don't have mine.

Thanks,
    Wayles
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    What if you purchased from HP's EPP site, are you still eligible?
    Word choice...I never said they were not an authorized retailer, because they are. However, purchases made through QVC are being credited back by QVC therefore we will not be offering a promo code on top of that.
    just realized this makes no sense, no offense to you, and I appreciate the info you bring, but anyone that purchased within the given date range that was still within their return policy could be seeing cash from retailer plus the $50 app credit.

so if that is official HP policy it is unfounded as other retailers will price adjust, and those customers will get the price match from their retailers.
  12. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    if what you are saying is applicable, I may not see a rebate for a long while since costco has a 90-day return policy.

I also haven't sent in my rebate for having a legacy device yet. According to the rules I have 45 days after purchase to redeem the credit and since I purchased my TP on the 31st, I figured I'd wait until the end of this month to send it in. I also wonder if that is the reason I haven't received my credit. I thought I remembered reading something about not being able to return the TP once the label was removed from the packaging, maybe that's what HP is waiting for before sending out my rebate.

question....To anyone that has already received their app credit, did you already send HP your label to receive your legacy device credit?
    Last edited by Bo; 08/17/2011 at 12:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wayles View Post
    So are you saying that everyone who is getting the credit should already have it in their profile? Because I bought mine from Wal-Mart on 7/1 and don't have mine.

Thanks,
    Wayles
    I have the same question as this. I also bought the TouchPad Wal-Mart on 7/1 and don't have my app credit yet.

EDIT 8/17/11: Just chatted with "Stephanie" on the WebOS Support Chat. She looked in their system and said "I see that you didn't receive an email from HP regarding Promo code.". So, she asked me to fax to HP at 408-547-0340 the following info:
    HP webOS Account Email ID
    Device ID/SN
    Date & Place of purchase
    Purchase receipt or any other proof of purchase
    Contact Number
    Time zone & preferred time for call back
    Service Request Number (which she gave me in the chat)
    Chat ID Session Number (which she gave me in the chat)

So, totally baffled as to why HP can't figure out that I bought the Touchpad since my email and webOS profile are all current. But, I just faxed the info. Now we'll see if anyone from HP will issue me a promotion code credit or not.

If you haven't received your app catalog credit yet, I suggest you get HP onto a chat line and if they give you any hard time, reference my experience above.

EDIT #2 8/17/11, 6:45pm Central Time:
    HP just called me. The person on the phone said they are escalating my issue to someone "higher" and they should call me back in 24-48 hours. Guess we'll wait and see what happens.
    Last edited by ericblackdv; 08/17/2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Just chatted with HP representative about this
    Purchased from Walmart on 7/1 ..... I have my credit.
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
    $50 Promo Code FAQ

I believe I should have received a promo code but didnít, What should I do?
    You should contact HP support for further assistance. (I can also assist if you prefer to go that route). Be prepared to provide the following information
    1. Palm profile email address
    2. Proof of purchase (either via email or fax)
    If it is not too much trouble, I 'd love some help and sent you a PM lastnite, with these details and after going back and forth with HP online support with no success.

Thanks either way and your help is appreciated! Sorli...
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by wayles View Post
    So are you saying that everyone who is getting the credit should already have it in their profile?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Law00 View Post
    What if you purchased from HP's EPP site, are you still eligible?
    Yes
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    What e-mail address should we send the info to?

Thanks,
    Wayles
    So, just to be perfectly clear, does this mean that those who purchased a TouchPad on June 30th are ineligible? I still haven't received my code and I'm beginning to wonder if that's the reason.
    I purchased my TP on 7/4 at J&R in NYC and still no promo code or email. I do get receipt emails from HP when I purchase an app from the catalog. Please advise

Thanks
    Eric
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Purchased it from HP.com on Mon 8/1/2011 2:28 PM and still do not have my credit.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast