Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Can I use the code on my phone?
    Yup, might have to have the same profile on the phone (which I am guessing you do).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocFly View Post
    I purchased my TP on 7/4 at J&R in NYC and still no promo code or email. I do get receipt emails from HP when I purchase an app from the catalog. Please advise

Thanks
    Eric
    I believe I should have received a promo code but didnít, What should I do?
    You should contact HP support for further assistance. (I can also assist if you prefer to go that route). Be prepared to provide the following information
    1. Palm profile email address
    2. Proof of purchase (either via email or fax)
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Viper View Post
    So, just to be perfectly clear, does this mean that those who purchased a TouchPad on June 30th are ineligible? I still haven't received my code and I'm beginning to wonder if that's the reason.
    You should more than likely still be able to get a code, but may require investigation further on the matter, best thing you can do is treat it as if you believe you should have gotten a code and did not receive one.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Any news on the rumored credit for other countries?
    Sorry HardBeatZ for having you re-post that info. I did see your original post and was specifically wondering if it was because my TP was purchased from J&R that I didn't get my promo code yet. I called HP butler support and the sales lady was very helpful. Interestingly she had to check as to whether J&R was a dealer that qualified for the $50 promo program. She told me that she thought only purchases from QVC qualified. She could not escalate issue to the higher ups as no one was around and took my phone # device ID and serial#. She said someone will call me back within 24 hrs. So that's where I stand now and hopefully someone will call me back while I'm at work tomorrow.
    I'm chatting on live chat right now. I'll send you a PM if this doesn't work out. Thank you so much for posting this!
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I believe I should have received a promo code but didn’t, What should I do?
    You should contact HP support for further assistance. (I can also assist if you prefer to go that route). Be prepared to provide the following information
    1. Palm profile email address
    2. Proof of purchase (either via email or fax)
    be glad to send you info, thanks, what email should I use? I believe HP got certified letter from me on Aug 12 with proof of purchase sent to the Touch Inspiration $50 rebate offer but would be glad to provide you also with copy of the contents of that letter.
    Last edited by bluenote; 08/17/2011 at 09:39 PM.
    I swear webOS Live Chat is outsourced. Their English is passable but it's obvious they are not native speakers. I had to fax my receipt (no email, megafail...) along with info so we'll see what happens.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Artitumis - I agree with your thoughts about the reps and faxed mine in yesterday as well.
    i purchased mine from Walmart on launch day. i called HP support and they told me to go to or call the Walmart that i bought it from and have them send me the rebate email.

i cant help but feel like they wont know what I'm talking about when i call them...

is this how this process works? the emails come from the retailer, not HP?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    You should more than likely still be able to get a code, but may require investigation further on the matter, best thing you can do is treat it as if you believe you should have gotten a code and did not receive one.
    I'm in the same boat - I preordered on the 19th, and Amazon shipped on the 30th. I don't have anything that shows "July 1" on it. I've emailed my receipt in to HP.Level4 as requested but the level 3 support refuses to pass me on. Is there anyone at Palm I can contact directly with a copy of my receipt?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    HP tried to get me to deal directly with Walmart as well - I politely declined that insane option. You are right, they wouldn't have any idea what I was talking about. Someone from HP finally called me back after the issue was escalated - keeping my fingers crossed that things might be resolved soon.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by vnangia View Post
    I'm in the same boat - I preordered on the 19th, and Amazon shipped on the 30th. I don't have anything that shows "July 1" on it. I've emailed my receipt in to HP.Level4 as requested but the level 3 support refuses to pass me on. Is there anyone at Palm I can contact directly with a copy of my receipt?
    myself. You can send me your palm profile email address and copy of proof of purchase. Once you contact me via PM I can provide you with an email address or fax number, whatever you prefer.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Same here, I bought mine from QVC on July 7 and got my $110 credit last week along with my $50 app credit. I didn't get the email but I got the code in my HP WebOS online account. Already spent a good $20, so I will have to splurge for some more apps before HP catches on and tries to take their credit back.
    Sucks I left my Touchpad at home...will have to have the girlfriend drop it off to me so I can hurry and buy some apps. lol. Been addicted to my new Samsung Series 5 ChromeOS Chromebook that I haven't played with my Touchpad much lately. Except for last night when trying to do Skype video chat the caller I was talking to complained that the audio was terrible and that it kept crackling. I never had the issue prior to the update but I thought this issue got fixed in 3.02?!
    Last edited by je2345; 08/18/2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: cuz
    myself. You can send me your palm profile email address and copy of proof of purchase. Once you contact me via PM I can provide you with an email address or fax number, whatever you prefer.
    is there anyway you can assist me also? i was told to contact the walmart i purchased it from but i doubt they will know what i am talking about...
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    is there anyway you can assist me also? i was told to contact the walmart i purchased it from but i doubt they will know what i am talking about...
    yes
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

I wonder if we will still get the code. I still have not gotten mine. I also have not gotten my $50 early adopter rebate that I sent in July 5th. I checked the Touch Inspiration website and still no record in HP systems that they got it.
    I've tried to PM you twice and it doesn't look like either went through. I faxed my info in days ago and haven't heard anything and still don't have a code. Could you please try to PM me and if not perhaps we can chat over email, Skype, etc?
    is there any news yet on other countries?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast