Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rlee2001
  1.    #1  
    Not really. My touchpad is completely dead... no response no matter what I do to it. HP recommended trying to exchange it at best buy, and if that didn't work I could get a refurbed one. Obviously Best Buy wouldn't exchange it so far out of the window. So I call today to set up the refurbed one... and am told that I have to pay 60 bucks to exchange my dead unit that lasted like 5 weeks, PLUS a 360 dollar retainer until they get the old one back.

Best Buy did offer to send it out for repair under the warranty for free, so I am going to go that route. They figure it'll take two weeks.

I understand that sometimes products have issues, but I am less understanding when there is no good way to make it right.
    send a PM to hardbeatz. He will have a process for you to follow.
    There's a free option. They send you a box, you put it in the box, you ship the box, you get a new one a week later.
  4.    #4  
    Hmm, you think they would have mentioned that? Maybe I'll put another 15 minutes into chatting with hp
    Yeah, you shouldn't have to pay $60 to get a refurb. Something's very wrong with that.
    How in the hell do they already HAVE "refurbs"? I mean, someone has to turn one in, it gets repaired / refurbed, and THEN it is available for exchange.

Sheesh. I would have thought there would have to be quite some time between release and refurb availability.
    tonymus likes this.
    They've been offering "refurbs" since the cracks started. Could be units damaged in shipping/transit??
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Mine arrived in perfect condition. Within 2 weeks the touchscreen glass began coming slightly out out of the frame on one side. In anticipation of this getting worse, I arranged an exchange at no charge, and received a replacement the next day. The glass was protruding even farther on the replacement. I checked models in 2 stores, they also had this issue. I wound up keeping my original. The glass in the iPads and Gtabs seemed to be staying in the frame where it belongs. I think this is quality control issue, hopefully limited ti the first batch.