Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    So I have the advanced browser app installed and I like it but I do a lot of "just type" searches and search using either google or bing but when it does the search it always opens up the default browser to do it. Does anybody know if there is a way to change that? Could this be addressed by a patch? TIA.
    This is a currently "unsupported" feature, meaning apps can't currently take advantage of it and have their app approved for the catalog (this info came from Jason).

I have not heard of anyone working on a patch for this yet, but I don't follow the patch forums too closely lately.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Use this patch, it will do what you are requesting. Changes default just type to open to Advanced Browser. :-)

Install using Preware or Quick Install, if you dont know how to use them just use the search feature in the forums. Good luck :-)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    Been waiting on this one and happy to say it works
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    You rock!
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Wasn't there like a setting somewhere that was posted a while back, where there was an option to choose the default search engine and such? I *thought* that I'd seen a setting for default browser as well... I could be wrong though. Does anyone remember seeing this or am I just imagining this?
    just be aware that downloading then installing a .ipk through the advanced browser pops up Invalid Mime Type errors, only the stock browser works for me that way, dunno if its the same for others as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    just be aware that downloading then installing a .ipk through the advanced browser pops up Invalid Mime Type errors, only the stock browser works for me that way, dunno if its the same for others as well.
    Got the same thing as well with another ipk, used Internalz and all was good.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    installed this patch with internalz, but it didn't work. I just clicked a link via spaz and the default browser opened.

edit - guess I should have read more closely and seen that this was only for Just Type. Is there any way to get this to work for everything making AB the blanket default browser?
    Last edited by DreamScar; 08/22/2011 at 05:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamScar View Post
    installed this patch with internalz, but it didn't work. I just clicked a link via spaz and the default browser opened.

edit - guess I should have read more closely and seen that this was only for Just Type. Is there any way to get this to work for everything making AB the blanket default browser?
    I am wondering if this is app specific if if there is a place somewhere in webOS that tells the apps what browser to pull.
    the patch does not work. wanted to install via internalz, but it says the patch contains garbage. whatever that means.
    Click here to see my Palm Pre photos

Fave Apps: Agenda, Facebook, Molo Photo Filters Pro, Spaz, AuctionMate Pro, Flickr Mundo, Brightness Unlinked, AccuWeather, NomNomNom, KalemSoft Media Player, Paketverfolgung, Puzzle Master

Palm Pre -> HP Pre 3 + TouchPad <3
    use WOSQI
    Quote Originally Posted by starsailor View Post
    the patch does not work. wanted to install via internalz, but it says the patch contains garbage. whatever that means.
    You'll have to download the patch from a computer and install it via WOSQI for it to work. When downloading it using the TouchPad, the patch gets saved with the name of the forum thread and when you try to install it even with WOSQI it will not work.
    I also installed the patch, but it does not appear to make the Advanced Browser the default when you click on links or URL's in email or twitter. Any idea how to enable the AB to be the default browser? Thanks.

Longsnowsm
    Quote Originally Posted by Longsnowsm View Post
    I also installed the patch, but it does not appear to make the Advanced Browser the default when you click on links or URL's in email or twitter. Any idea how to enable the AB to be the default browser? Thanks.

Longsnowsm
    This is what I would really like as well, I hope this becomes possible via a patch or a bit of hacking.
    this patch only works in JustType and not with email OR other apps.. any chance of this happening? Thank you anyway for the patch...
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I used method 1 of this patch and it worked!
    Ramblings of a Closet Geek: Making Advanced Browser Default On TouchPad

Onfortunatly, the standard browser disappeared, but this is OK for me :-)
    Used Method 2 of the link above and it works great. The advanced browser is where the stock browser was and the stock browser is on the apps page where the advanced browser was. Love it, thanks for thelink
    Quote Originally Posted by demichve View Post
    I used method 1 of this patch and it worked!
    Ramblings of a Closet Geek: Making Advanced Browser Default On TouchPad

Onfortunatly, the standard browser disappeared, but this is OK for me :-)
    this worked for me before 3.0.4 after update adv browser was gone had to reinstall. After reinstal adv browser worked but not default. Tried hack again then adv browser once again gone after hack and reboot. Looks like hp dosent like this hack.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blake711 View Post
    this worked for me before 3.0.4 after update adv browser was gone had to reinstall. After reinstal adv browser worked but not default. Tried hack again then adv browser once again gone after hack and reboot. Looks like hp dosent like this hack.
    Like many patches it needs to be updated for 3.0.4. Patches look for specific code and change it. If that code is different in 3.0.4 than in 3.0.2, obviously it won't work.

Give it a few days for an update to show up.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast