Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Syndil
  • 1 Post By clevin
  • 1 Post By kkhanmd
  1.    #1  
    FCC ID is B94HHI31C.

Model numbers are FB438UA#ABA and FB439UA#ABA, which are not one of the previously-known 8 model numbers for the 9.7" Touchpad.

Only WiFi and Bluetooth radios are mentioned.

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...'B94HHI31C'
    Last edited by Syndil; 08/16/2011 at 11:25 AM.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    good find!
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    They're doing a 7" with a 4:3 aspect?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post

Makes sense, that way all the existing touchpad apps will be compatible
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Hopefully not, the width will not fit a coat, basically erase most of the advantage of more portability.

Im really looking forward to opal, hope hp won't mess it up.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    markstuart likes this.
    It's also a first in the market. And a higher pixel density than all the 1024x600 7" tabs out there.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Well that would make the visible screen area 4.2"x5.6" so if we assume ~.5" bezel (maybe too small?) then it's about 4.7"x6.6" (119mmx168mm) which is quite workable. Much wider/taller than 4.7" and it's questionable.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I love the higher resolution of opal, thats what I wished for
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    markstuart likes this.
    Well that would make the visible screen area 4.2"x5.6" so if we assume ~.5" bezel (maybe too small?) then it's about 4.7"x6.6" (119mmx168mm) which is quite workable. Much wider/taller than 4.7" and it's questionable.
    Bezel will be 0.5 on each side, it will likely be 5.2x6.6. That would be too wide.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
  11.    #11  
    I assume the drawing above is to scale, so if someone wanted to do some figuring, they could determine exactly what the dimensions of the 7-inch Touchpad are, and then if the exact dimensions of the 7-inch screen are used, the bezel width can be determined.

If you can't read the picture, the dimensions of the FCC label are 52.5 mm x 28.5 mm, as best as I can decipher.

Looks to me like it's exactly 5 labels tall and roughly 3 1/3 labels wide, which would put the dimensions at around 178 mm x 142.5 mm, which works out to 7 inches by 5.6 inches.

Maybe they'll throw one of these into it:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/06/h...eaded-to-tabl/
    Last edited by Syndil; 08/16/2011 at 11:50 AM.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Bezel will be 0.5 on each side, it will likely be 5.2x6.6. That would be too wide.
    Doh! You're quite right on both counts.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    If you can't read the picture, the dimensions of the FCC label are 52.5 mm x 28.5 mm, as best as I can decipher.
    That's like 2" by 1"
    Anyway, a 4:3 7" diagonal screen with still follow the Pythagorean Theorem so the screen dimensions I put above as well as clevin's correction on the bezel should hold.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    how will HP price this tablet? considering acer is pricing their honeycomb 7" tablets at around $329-$349.00
    Quote Originally Posted by waiting4_OTA View Post
    how will HP price this tablet? considering acer is pricing their honeycomb 7" tablets at around $329-$349.00
    I hope its <$350 for 16 gb, or I will just wait for it to drop below that.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    niice hunting
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    This is old news, right? Was posted on news sites a week or two ago.
  18.    #18  
    Beats me. Just happened to notice it while doing my usual FCC trolling. Didn't see any mention of it in the forums, so I posted it.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  19.    #19  
    BTW, based on how the label is being shown, I am going to go ahead and speculate that the 7-inch Touchpad will have a removable rear cover on it, a la Pixi style.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  20.    #20  
    Called it!

Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    BTW, based on how the label is being shown, I am going to go ahead and speculate that the 7-inch Touchpad will have a removable rear cover on it, a la Pixi style.
    7-inch TouchPad pops up in China, never to make it to retailers near you | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

If I could get my hands on one of these, I'm sure I'd enjoy the hardware much more than the current 10" Touchpad, mainly because of the rubbery back. It also looks like it surrounds the bezel, as it does on the Pixi, acting as a protective case.
    Touchscreens are a fad.