1.    #1  
    I keep getting this error while loading perware on my touchpad. I have tried resetting my device but that did not fix this problem. Seems as if my device is not being recognized. Preware still loads but it does not know which device I have and patches are unavailable to me. I have not tried re-installing preware yet.

MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    what is this preware.is.awesome feed?
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    If you are running Lion on your MB Pro as I was, make sure you have the new drivers.

This is from Stuarty: The new publically available SDK-PDK for Mac installs the necessary drivers now on Lion.

Get it at https://developer.palm.com/content/r..._download.html.

It is from a thread started by JCPDX: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html

If you are have done this or are still having problems, maybe they can help in that thread or one of the others.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    what is this preware.is.awesome feed?
    I believe that is the feed I had to add in order to get custom kernel to overclock my TP to 1.5 ghz.
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    If you are running Lion on your MB Pro as I was, make sure you have the new drivers.

This is from Stuarty: The new publically available SDK-PDK for Mac installs the necessary drivers now on Lion.

Get it at https://developer.palm.com/content/r..._download.html.

It is from a thread started by JCPDX: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html

If you are have done this or are still having problems, maybe they can help in that thread or one of the others.
    No I'm still running Snow Leopard. Didn't see a need to update to Lion, don't like the whole idea of merging IOS and OSX together. How do you like Lion?
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    I believe that is the feed I had to add in order to get custom kernel to overclock my TP to 1.5 ghz.
    UberKernel for TouchPad is *not* in the kernel testing feeds - it is in the stable feed. Do not enable the kernel testing feeds unless you know what you're doing and are prepared to take the risk of having your device trashed.
    I'm totally happy with Uberkernel @ 1.5 , no issues to report of with the benefit of slight speed increase. Tempted to try F15C but I only have so much luck to go around and don't want to waste any ;-) Kept getting preware error messages like that when I was setting up webos-kernels-testing (mainly due to the fact that I forgot the "s" on kernels).
    Maybe you messed your feeds by adding custom ones, Try to load Preware with default feeds only
  9.    #9  
    My preware issue has been resolved by removing the custom test feed. However what I find odd about it is that I had that feed turned on for about 2 weeks and every single time preware would load just fine.
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    My preware issue has been resolved by removing the custom test feed. However what I find odd about it is that I had that feed turned on for about 2 weeks and every single time preware would load just fine.
    Hi,
    I am having a similar situation but I am using Win 7. How do I remove the custom test feed as recommended?
    Thanks,
    Rena
    Quote Originally Posted by serena_johnston View Post
    Hi,
    I am having a similar situation but I am using Win 7. How do I remove the custom test feed as recommended?
    Thanks,
    Rena
    Here is a snapshot of the error message. I had initially tried to install webOSQuickInstall with MacBookPro & couldn't get it to work so I switched back to Win. It installed fine on Win 7 but when I actually try to install the application - here lies my error. Thanks for any help! I have tried to uninstall & reinstall Preware and gets the same message.

I did install Preware once before the update. Would that be where my problem lays? I had done a full erase afterward.

Thanks,
    Rena
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You have entered the feed incorectly.

Goto manage feeds.

Swipe the feeds that you have created to the right and delete them.
    You created 3... but there will be 4 to delete as it generates another.

Enter the feed again and make sure you have it word for word.

Completely shut the system down and boot back up again.

Show us an image of the "manage feeds" page
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyro View Post

Goto manage feeds.

I will sound like a total idoit but how do I go to manage feeds?
    Thanks for your help!
    Rena
    Top left corner you will see "Preware" and a small down arrow next to it.

Hit that and it will drop down a new menu.

Goto manage feeds.

Top left corner you will see "Preware" and a small down arrow next to it.

Hit that and it will drop down a new menu.
    Is this what you mean? I'm not sure which 4 I need to delete and how I need to reenter the feed again?

Thanks again!

Rena
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Delete the feeds that are mentioned in the first post of the overclocking thread.

When you go to add them again... Follow that first post again, it explains the steps.
    Delete the feeds that are mentioned in the first post of the overclocking thread.

When you go to add them again... Follow that first post again, it explains the steps.
    Is this the Overclock Thread you were referring to?
    WOW, Overclocked TP = AWESOME!
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...p-awesome.html

BTW - Can you tell me what I did to cause this problem? Or what I could have done to not cause this to happen? What seems to be a simple & painless task had me scratching my head for hours.

Thanks,
    Rena
    Last edited by serena_johnston; 08/27/2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Edited to add overclock thread.