Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #21  
    I set up my new 32gb Touchpad yesterday. Only my Palm profile contacts were loaded to my Touchpad. Most of my contacts and calender on my Pre are in an Outlook account. How do I load my Outlook contacts and calendar from my Pre to my Touchpad?

    Also, the apps I downloaded on my phone appear in phone size, probably Pre 3 (the phone I will never own ). I assume I will have to download the tablet version from the app catalog.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepansy View Post
    I set up my new 32gb Touchpad yesterday. Only my Palm profile contacts were loaded to my Touchpad. Most of my contacts and calender on my Pre are in an Outlook account. How do I load my Outlook contacts and calendar from my Pre to my Touchpad?

    Also, the apps I downloaded on my phone appear in phone size, probably Pre 3 (the phone I will never own ). I assume I will have to download the tablet version from the app catalog.
    I can't answer the Outlook part of the question, but as for the app size question....it depends on the app. Some webOS apps are written to take advantage of both the phone size screen and the tablet size screen, but some apps were written mainly for the phones and will maintain that size when running. It depends on the app. Some apps have both a phone version and table version (often called the HD version). You just have to check the app catalog and each app usually has information about what it supports and whether the author ever provided a Touchpad version if the app itself cannot adapt.
  3. carldc's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepansy View Post
    Thanks for all of the advice. I went ahead and bought a 32GB Touchpad bundle on Ebay (case and Touchstone charging dock included). I decided to get the 32GB Touchpad because of the dual booting capability. As much as I would like to see Open WebOS on new hardware, it seems a distant possibility at this point.
    1. Good choice! You wont regret it.
    2. You're right, Open webOS is "a distant possibility at this point".
    FYI, I've had my TP just about since it launched, and I have no regrets. I have both the TP (person) and an iPad2 (thru work), and I can say that I prefer the TP whether it's for professional or personal use. I don't know how long that will continue (as the hardware and original OS age), but right now...I'm good.
    -carldc

    m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
  4. carldc's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepansy View Post
    I set up my new 32gb Touchpad yesterday. Only my Palm profile contacts were loaded to my Touchpad. Most of my contacts and calender on my Pre are in an Outlook account. How do I load my Outlook contacts and calendar from my Pre to my Touchpad?

    Also, the apps I downloaded on my phone appear in phone size, probably Pre 3 (the phone I will never own ). I assume I will have to download the tablet version from the app catalog.
    You should be able to go to the "Preferences & Accounts" menu in your contacts and calendar... or go to the Accounts app in the launcher and log in directly. I haven't used Outlook, but that's how to get others, like Google and Yahoo.

    One place where iOS is a bit superior to webOS is in running phone apps on tablets. Phone apps on the TP will only run in a small virtual phone, and will not rotate. There is no 2x provision as there is on iPads. You are right, though, look to see if there are "HD" versions in the TP catalog.
    -carldc

    m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    You should be able to go to the "Preferences & Accounts" menu in your contacts and calendar... or go to the Accounts app in the launcher and log in directly. I haven't used Outlook, but that's how to get others, like Google and Yahoo.

    One place where iOS is a bit superior to webOS is in running phone apps on tablets. Phone apps on the TP will only run in a small virtual phone, and will not rotate. There is no 2x provision as there is on iPads. You are right, though, look to see if there are "HD" versions in the TP catalog.
    There are ways to make apps designed for the Pre to be scale to full size on the touchpad (including games)... However, because some apps need a keyboard/swipe, you will loose that functionality.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by NCCaniac View Post
    I can't answer the Outlook part of the question, but as for the app size question....it depends on the app. Some webOS apps are written to take advantage of both the phone size screen and the tablet size screen, but some apps were written mainly for the phones and will maintain that size when running. It depends on the app. Some apps have both a phone version and table version (often called the HD version). You just have to check the app catalog and each app usually has information about what it supports and whether the author ever provided a Touchpad version if the app itself cannot adapt.
    I found the Touchpad versions of the apps in the App Catalog and loaded them, then deleted the phone versions. I'm still a little frustrated at the possibility of having to enter all of my Outlook contacts manually. And I REALLY miss the gesture area. Having to tap the back arrow to go back a page in the browser feels so Androidy
  7. #27  
    How did you get your outlook contacts into the Pre? Shouldn't this work for the TouchPad too?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions