1.    #1  
    I'm getting my wife a TP for her birthday, and it's in the mail. She has been using a Pre+ for 2 years, and likes the WebOS interface. I would like to know what to do to get her up-and-running soon after she opens it.

She will mostly use it for the web, social networking, and watching videos

I'm assuming the Palm Profile will transfer over her Google and Facebook stuff fairly seamlessly.
    Does Carbon run well on the big screen, or is there another twitter app better suited to the TP?

I am planning on buying Kalemsoft to play video files that she gets off of Bittorrent. Is this worth the cash? We won't be streaming, just transferring files via USB.

Would you recommend installing Preware right off the bat? She's fairly computer savvy, but not real geeky. She was never interested in Preware on her phone. But I don't know if there are vital patches for the TP.
    Install preware and these patches - Muffle System Logging, Remove Dropped Packet Logging and EOM Overlord Monitoring. Uberkernal and Govnah and overclock to 1.5Ghz and you'll be set!
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    Install preware and these patches - Muffle System Logging, Remove Dropped Packet Logging and EOM Overlord Monitoring. Uberkernal and Govnah and overclock to 1.5Ghz and you'll be set!
    I totally agree and I have done all of these things, although I'm not quite sure what the muffled patches do. I would assume it would reduce the amount of information the os is trying to log and therefore would increase performance?
    Quote Originally Posted by amistak View Post
    I totally agree and I have done all of these things, although I'm not quite sure what the muffled patches do. I would assume it would reduce the amount of information the os is trying to log and therefore would increase performance?
    correct. This patch for phones though has been known to cause images captured with the camera to not show up in the photo viewer, usually requiring a battery pull to make them show up.
    Torrent Touch Pro HD for controlling your torrents on your home PC from anywhere.

KalemSoft works well for locally stored media, as well as streamed.it is nice not to have to worry about converting files, that in itself makes the higher price a little easier.

I do like UPnP AV Player, effortless to setup and built in WiFi multiple transfer of photos/mudic/video makes it a favorite of mine. Convenient if you want to preview prior to transferring files ie I have a lot of photos on my PC that are titles CIMG######.

Spaz HD is free and a lot better than original.

Advanced Browser for tabbed browser sessions and similar start up page to Opera Speed Dial.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Can you please tell me where I can get these patches, thanks.
    if she plans on watching movies, then I strongly recommend installing the Increase TouchPad Volume patch from preware. This is a real lifesaver!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by joos519 View Post
    Can you please tell me where I can get these patches, thanks.
    Preware is probably the easiest way to access patches. The are several ways to install Preware. See instructions here:

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how to turn down logging using phone app

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums