View Poll Results: Would you still buy the Touchpad if you knew all you know now beforehand?

Voters
209. You may not vote on this poll
  • Most definitely!! I love this thing!!

146 69.86%
  • Only if it was on sale

31 14.83%
  • Probably not, It's not much use to me with all the missing features

17 8.13%
  • Definitely not, this thing has been a huge waste of time

15 7.18%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by r-nice View Post
    WAT

How many apps Honeycomb has shouldn't justify the size of webOS's catalog. They compare it to HC but won't comapre it to the App Store...
    The OP opened that subject up for discussion when he/she mentioned the Galaxy Tab, which is a Honeycomb device. Seriously if you wanted an Android device so bad, why did you buy the Touchpad?
    Quote Originally Posted by khan6831 View Post
    Its really very simple if you think about it HP never promised us any of the features but its what you would expect out of a tablet. This doesn't mean compared to other tablets as I have never owned another tablet so I would have nothing to compare it to. The assumption was made that PDF support would be good because it was included, it would support many video codecs and I would be able to write on it with any type of pen, these are the typical assumptions I made of any tablet
    It's quite obvious that's what you expected (but then, you also expect free software), but you haven't explained why. HP's website clearly states the capabilities, and those aren't there.

It also doesn't explain why, once you figured out they weren't there, you kept it.

As to why I'm bringing up, simple, you presented this as a negative, as if you've somehow been shorted, and expect that others will share your view.
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Ouchpad: Best Buy Sitting on a Pile of HP Tablets - Arik Hesseldahl - News - AllThingsD

It looks like Best Buy is sitting on a stock of Touchpads.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedtron View Post
    Ouchpad: Best Buy Sitting on a Pile of HP Tablets - Arik Hesseldahl - News - AllThingsD

It looks like Best Buy is sitting on a stock of Touchpads.
    Probably because Staples doesn't have any, maybe?

Also, when I went in there and asked for a TouchPad, their response was "oh, you mean an iPad?"....not going to sell too many with that sales pitch
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I bought mine at a best buy, they had a hp rep there walking around that we talked to. I could tell that he was mostly focused on the printer sales but he did give a lot of good information. It did take awhile to get an actual sales person to help us, but once we did he did do a good job selling it to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by khan6831 View Post
    Of course there are tablets out there that support avi/divx format, even my samsung epic 4g phone supports these formats.
    writing recognition is a very useful component for students such as myself especially in classes like organic chemistry where you are constantly drawing molecules. So drawing recognition works with targus pens?
    Which well known tablet/s, support avi files, natively w/o an app?
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Which well known tablet/s, support avi files, natively w/o an app?
    I believe the galaxy tab 10.1 to be one such tablet
    I have a wide variety of TV channels supported so I can watch my favorite shows. I can browse all social media, flash sites and my UPnP share with all my movies, Podcasts and Music. I can use PDF files in excess of 1Gb without lag. I can wirelessly transfer documents, videos and music to and from my touchpad. I can wirelessly charge my device. I have the power of SYNERGY. I can video chat, take pictures, text, create documents and print from many apps. I have voice recording, 1.728GHz tablet, every possible Ubuntu app at my fingertips.

ALL OF THIS ON THE TABLET WITH THE BEST MULTITASKING.

What more could you ask for, and is what your asking for not yet available?
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by fage88 View Post
    you dont base your decision on the competition???
    Of course we do, so basically there is only one tablet on the market that has more native apps than the Touchpad. But most of us know Apple has the most apps, so our decision to buy the Touchpad includes other factors. However, some people try to make it sound like the Touchpad has fewer native apps than the majority of other tablets.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    The galaxy tab plays these files without issue. It even plays mkv files.
    That fact doesn't make it better than Touchpad. Much other facts make it better than Touchpad, but that one doesn't.

His complaints are crap. Touchpad isn't selling bad because it lacks divx and pen input, or because homebrew is mainly focused on patchaes and not on advanced free apps. In many treads we have discussed valid reasons why Touchpad might have bad sales, with many valid arguments, but this guy is a phony.
    Last edited by chalx; 08/17/2011 at 02:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    That fact doesn't make it better than Touchpad. Much other facts make it better than Touchpad, but that one doesn't.

His complaints are crap. Touchpad isn't selling bad because it lacks divx and pen input, or because homebrew is mainly focused on patchaes and not on advanced free apps. In many treads we have discussed valid reasons why Touchpad might have bad sales, with many valid arguments, but this guy is a phony.
    I checked, and the TouchPad is better. I want a tablet that runs webOS, so tell me how another tablet would be "better".

See, the problem is you can't define "better", without first determining the needs; which differ from person to person.
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
    I'd still buying the TouchPad. Now, HP, pls brings it to ROW!
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    I don't think he ever said the device wasn't selling because of these points...
    The galaxy tab plays these files without issue. It even plays mkv files.
    So basically the #2 selling tablet plays most files, the #1 selling tablet doesn't. Does the Galaxy Tab stream these file formats over the internet remotely from your computer? Or do you need to buy an app for that?
    The tab can edit documents. That's enough to make it more attractive. I am not interested in purchasing a tablet though. My laptop can do tons more and it can run Office 2010. Tablets are just too limited for the price if you ask me.
    I still don't think a tablet can replace a laptop as a device for work. To me tablets are primarily for entertainment.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Which also has like zero tablet apps....
    Honeycomb like the ipad has alot of dual apps. Instead of making a new app or two apps the dv makes on app with a mode for both form factors.

[INFO] List of compatible apps/games/etc - xda-developers

Also another list on AC. research before you speak.
    That is pretty sweet...but I can hardly call it a TP! What did you name it out of curiosity? Hos can I order one?! :-)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123