1.    #1  
    I was trying to do video conferencing with my girlfriend on skype with my Touchpad. The audio works beautifully but the video does not work. In fact I cannot even see myself on the camera. It does work with my HP mini laptop though. Does anyone else have any problems with video conferencing via skype? Thanks.
    What was she using?

There's major issues with trying to use the Touchpad with someone on Skype that's either using an iOS device or Mac, no clue why, it rarely works properly if ever.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    I had the same problem and the HP live chat people determined I had a bad camera in the Touchpad. Had to return it.
    How to determined if the Camera component is bad?
    There's a free camera app in the app catalog. DigiCamera Lite
    plus try skype w other people, and while on skype, toggle camera off and on
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    There is a well known problem with Skype on the Touchpad. When Skype update their desktop software from 5.3 to 5.5 it broke compatabilty with the Touchpad. According to the Butler folks Skype is aware of the break and are working to fix the issue in an update. Until then just downgrade Skype on your computer to version 5.3 and it should work.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post
    What was she using?

There's major issues with trying to use the Touchpad with someone on Skype that's either using an iOS device or Mac, no clue why, it rarely works properly if ever.
    You know what, she was indeed using iOS, so that may be the problem. However I should be able to see myself on the camera, no? Maybe my camera is not working, I will test it later tonight with that recommended free app. However, she said she saw me for a second on her screen then it went out. Of course it could also be a Skype problem, as another user mentioned.

What is the best way to do video conferencing on Touchpad? Any suggestions? Thanks
    I have used skype on my TP and my sister who lives in Boston uses skype on her MAC and it works flawlessly. Have done this at least 50 times since I have had my TP which is almost a month.