Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes
    Not saying you are wrong at all. Would be weak for the TP2 to be running the same processor speed that the 1st one was capable of. Even if just for spec, I think it should have a processor clocked higher than 1.5.

The other possibility is "commercial" is the TouchPad Pro or something. Basically same as TP that is out now, 1.5 kernel and maybe some additional support for enterprise or a phone bundled with it.

We will see what all comes out in the end. I mean what are we really missing? Rear facing cam, maybe a RAM bump, some form of video out. If it's running the 1.5 Qualcomm, I really hope they don't call it the 2, TP Pro, or something else I'm cool with. Just seems weak to come with the same processor and call it a 2, especially with it in the lines this soon after launch.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    We will see what all comes out in the end. I mean what are we really missing? Rear facing cam, maybe a RAM bump, some form of video out. If it's running the 1.5 Qualcomm, I really hope they don't call it the 2, TP Pro, or something else I'm cool with. Just seems weak to come with the same processor and call it a 2, especially with it in the lines this soon after launch.
    Actually, it would probably be called the TouchPad Plus.
  3.    #23  
    Well there are already both commercial and non-commercial versions of both the existing 1.2GHz Touchpad and the 1.5GHz "WL" Touchpad, so...

We still don't know the rest of the specs of the WL Touchpad, so it might indeed have an HDMI out, rear camera, etc.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Well there are already both commercial and non-commercial versions of both the existing 1.2GHz Touchpad and the 1.5GHz "WL" Touchpad, so...

We still don't know the rest of the specs of the WL Touchpad, so it might indeed have an HDMI out, rear camera, etc.
    Would be weird to add those to the "commercial" model. I don't care as long as they don't call it the 2...

It is 2 soon for that.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    If you do a search on those model numbers alot of placeholder pages are already in place
    Commercial Touchpad 1.5g 64gb Wl White FB430UA#ABA - Buy Hp Tablets Tablet PCs Computer Systems | PCNation.com
    HP TouchPad - Tablet (FB402UA#ABA) - Handhelds

This one says Rear camera + front camera
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    The problem with perpentually lining up ducks is that eventually you need to do something with them. I think that is the main issue with seeing this stuff.

Watching someone line up ducks is about as exciting as setting up fireworks that you never intend to light.

I wish they would go ahead and light em already.
    yeah but if someone was standing next to the guy that was lining up ducks .... with something like an uzi or an AK or something ... it would become much more interesting wouldnt it ??!! roflol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    I assume the "commercial" versions differ only in software.
    Maybe they could be the same internals in a heavier, more rugged case for applications where the business cares more about durability than size and weight. I'm thinking along the lines of the old Symbol PDAs which were internally run of the mill WinCE devices, but were designed to survive drops and being run over.
    front page reporting 1.5 ghz white 64GB seems like more models are indeed coming
    Weren't there 'commercial' models of the OG TP? They were just models that would be sold through commercial channels like the business UPCs or something. At least that's what I would assume those are.
  11.    #31  
    Looks like they are indeed just spec-bumped regular Touchpads, according to the front page.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    While the webOS team was working on new models, Leo was finalizing what would really happen:

BREAKING: HP shutting down webOS device operations, will "continue to explore options"
  13.    #33  
    Update: The 1.5GHz models have disappeared from the distributors' websites, and the stock on the existing 16GB 1.2GHz models has suddenly decreased to 0 at Ingram Micro. They still show 4700 of the 32GB models available for purchase but not at the newly discounted price. It is obvious to me that Ingram Micro is shipping the Touchpads back to HP. So even if you are not able to buy one today online because of low stock, HP should be getting more.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12