Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By HardBeatZ
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I want to preface my post by stating that i'm a early adopter, have invested $700+ on the 32 Gig device, touchstone charger, cover, anti-glare screen covers. Oh, and I wont buy into Apple's devices or ecosystem. I want the HPTP and webOS to work.
    That said, hey HP, whats the plan? Certainly there are things going on behind the scenes. Apps being worked on, OS updates, deals with service providers. Why so quiet about what the plans are. It seems like the TouchPad has does reasonably well on its initial release. Certainly it can only strengthen the foundation of new users to let them know that more is coming.
    And loyalty in a product doesnt last forever. I need to know things are going to improve (yes, fixes are still needed) and functionality us going to increase. If I cant know this is going to happen in some defined period, then whats to keep customers invested?
    They'll tell them the same moment Apple pre-releases their product information. Don't hold your breath.

But I will say this, HP didn't become the larget CE company by being sloppy. HP is the type of company that not only has the TouchPad2 in devlopment already but also have the TouchPad3 on the drawing board.
    All road maps are internal. This particular request has been asked a lot (even before webOS was HP and was Palm) and the statement stood true then as it does now.

Everyone wants to know what the next thing is from Company X, but Company X has to compete with Company Y, therefore they keep as many of their cards close to their chest as possible.

You will see very little announced information from any big name company unless they have a lot to currently back it up with and are not worried about what COmpany Y will see and run with.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    RoverNole and bevcraw like this.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, just enjoy what you have.
    and let homebrew bring the best out of it =]
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    HP also didn't get to be a big company by pouring money into losing ventures. If webOS doesn't show some promise in the next year or so, their own investors will call for them to shut it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    HP also didn't get to be a big company by pouring money into losing ventures. If webOS doesn't show some promise in the next year or so, their own investors will call for them to shut it down.
    I've been trying to tell people this for a long time. HP will do what is in the best interest for HP. If that means dropping webOS and going Windows 8, they'll do it. So support HP and webOS as much as you can to ensure HP sees that webOS will payoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    I've been trying to tell people this for a long time. HP will do what is in the best interest for HP. If that means dropping webOS and going Windows 8, they'll do it. So support HP and webOS as much as you can to ensure HP sees that webOS will payoff.
    I got a Pre2 a Touchpad and accessories. But for people to support them they will occasionally have to release products.
    What i'm curious is what is HP's phone release plan. As others said they are internal and nobody is gonna know. But most flagship phones are released about once a year. I'm talking Evos and Droids and iphones, etc.

But the Pre 3 was announced in Feb and I'm guessing released in sept or oct. So will we expect a pre 4 announcement next Feb.? I highly doubt it but then the other side is if they don't that seems like if they aren't releasing a flagship version of the phone every year they'll be falling behind the galaxy s's and the Evos, etc. How can they keep up? I just wonder, if they aren't releasing a flagship phone once a year can't they make a dent in the market and can they keep people outside of the current base interested.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.