1.    #1  
    so I just recently got my touchpad and have enjoyed messing around with it, but I'm seemingly unable to get the update to 3.0.2. The first night I turned on my device, it popped up saying that there was an update, and I started the process. The next morning it told me there needed to be more than 50% battery power, so I dismissed the card, as I wanted to drain the battery to dead before charging for the first while.
    the issue is, now the system update option in settings checks and then shows as up to date.

is there a way to force an update of some sort? I'd like to keep up on the updates!
    maybe do a hard reset.
    if that doesn't work, run the doctor which will install 3.0.2
    Another option is to install preware and do a 3.0.2 Kernal install through them. I haven't tried it myself so caution is advised.
  5.    #5  
    whats the doctor? Not seeing that anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilprot View Post
    whats the doctor? Not seeing that anywhere.
    Go to your palm profile. You will find a link to the doctor there under "device options."
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Another option is to install preware and do a 3.0.2 Kernal install through them. I haven't tried it myself so caution is advised.
    HP tech support is saying the only way to update a device that cannot connect to the server is through doctoring the device. I'm going to try it when I get home to see what happens...
  8.    #8  
    would it matter that I installed UberKernal? I feel like that's the reason, but even in my palm profile it shows 3.0.
    the 1st thing I did when I got the touchpad was "update" before uberkernel was installed... Its highly inconvenient when an ota update is in fact not ota...
    would it matter that I installed UberKernal? I feel like that's the reason, but even in my palm profile it shows 3.0.
    That shouldn't make a difference. I'd call tech support if your palm profile is still showing 3.0.
  11.    #11  
    well the device was running 3.0 at that point. The doctor is running now, and it grabbed a 3.0.2 file to use, so I'm sure this shall help, as long as I don't lose anything in the process that I can't get back...
    I'll have to re-install apps won't I. Dang.
    well the device was running 3.0 at that point. The doctor is running now, and it grabbed a 3.0.2 file to use, so I'm sure this shall help, as long as I don't lose anything in the process that I can't get back...
    you shouldnt have to reinstall apps if the device was backed up before the doctor was run... Once you log in to your palm profile your apps should download
    You shouldn't have to. You will have to relog into your palm profile but all of your apps should come along for the ride. You will also have to log into all of your accounts again. Otherwise, you shouldn't have any issues and shouldn't lose any files.
  14.    #14  
    Awesome, seems like they've done a good job with this!
    I've actually been pretty impressed so far.
    Even this issues haven't put me off much, I didn't find any troubles with 3.0.
  15.    #15  
    Awesome, 3.0.2
    Thanks a ton guys, really appreciate the fast replies.

Since people are here, a quick one, Does skype always keep you logged in as available? Kinda freaks me out not having an invisible option. Do you log off if you close the card?

Thanks again!
    it will keep you logged in for an alloted period of time and then transfers you to a busy status at a certain interval... As long as you have a wifi connection I believe it keeps you logged in... I could be wrong though... I have only had my TP for 29 hours hahaha