Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree27Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bbertie View Post
    You love your Pixi, but you think the TP feels cheap?
    hmm
    Yes, and I agree. Pixi is a much more solidly-built device than the TP. Or the any of the Pres for that matter. In a nutshell, in terms of build quality, the Pixi is the webOS champ.

But people won't hear what they don't want to hear.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Talk about the device (and whether it feels plasticky) and not the members making the posts, please. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Yes, and I agree. Pixi is a much more solidly-built device than the TP. Or the any of the Pres for that matter. In a nutshell, in terms of build quality, the Pixi is the webOS champ.

But people won't hear what they don't want to hear.
    I think perceptions of the TPís casing would be completely different if they would have released it with that nice, soft touch, rubberized back that the Pixi+/Pre+ (touchstone back) had. I donít understand why they picked the hard gloss back.

I have played with some phones and tablets (Droid3, Xoom) that have similar soft touch backing, but they are not as good, imo. The Toshiba Thrive goes a little too far imo.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    I think perceptions of the TPís casing would be completely different if they would have released it with that nice, soft touch, rubberized back that the Pixi+/Pre+ (touchstone back) had. I donít understand why they picked the hard gloss back.
    I agree 100%. I love the Pixi back, especially the Touchstone covers with the dimpled surface. I've already speculated that the 7" Touchpad will have a Pixi-style back on it. Let's cross our fingers and hope I'm right.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by piast View Post
    Man, I feel bad for having to say this . .

I wish the touchpad didn't feel so cheaply built.

I went to BBuy and played with their pristine working demo and the very first thing I noticed was that it felt really plasticky.

Trust ME - I did not want to feel as crushed as I do now - I am a looong-time Palm device fan and I went backwards from an android phone to my beloved palm pixi.

Performance-wise it is a great tablet that should have been delivered to market first thing accompanying the first release Pre's and Pixi's.

I LOVE WebOs, I really do, but HP needs to think hard about this tablet - and either tighten the cosmetics of this touchpad for the retail consumer or come up with a ton of connectivity options for the business warrior . . .

** the following is a bit off-topic for the original purpose of my post, but how else am I going to get attention to my wish-list ;-) **

I know, I know - all the tech companies want us to go with Synergy and Cloud services - but none of that helps me in the field to get data files FAST into my touchpad. In the absence of Wifi or 3G/4G services I need usb-in, IR, and a seriously better bluetooth manager that allows ALL object file pushing/transfering- seriously, Apple's iPad's bluetooth manager is rediculously easier to use.
    Please note that that it's very challenging to use metals on the back of the TP due to the Touchstone Charging coils that are integrated into the device. A mat finish is another alternative to plastic, as in the pre.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Buy the HP Case. Put it on. It doesn't feel cheaply made. Quit feeling bad, do something about it!
    er - I'm glad I waited :-)
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    Please note that that it's very challenging to use metals on the back of the TP due to the Touchstone Charging coils that are integrated into the device. A mat finish is another alternative to plastic, as in the pre.
    There are a plethora of plastics with different weights and of course those smooth rubberized coatings really make a tablet feel great while holding - I was more concerned about the top - the touchscreen itself felt rather cheap
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post

I have played with some phones and tablets (Droid3, Xoom) that have similar soft touch backing, but they are not as good, imo. The Toshiba Thrive goes a little too far imo.

-Suntan
    EXACTLTY My Point (rubberized plastic coating)
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Buy the HP Case. Put it on. It doesn't feel cheaply made. Quit feeling bad, do something about it!
    Mute Point :-)
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by piast View Post
    EXACTLTY My Point (rubberized plastic coating)
    Rubberized worked for the PRe and Pixi. Felt better, no complaints. The toy plastic couldn't have been evaluated ergonomically.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123