1.    #1  
    I use email on the TP as a reader only. I do not remove emails from the server unless deleted.
    After I delete a message, either by swiping and pressing delete from the list or by pressing the trash can icon, the deleted emails will not show up in the deleted folder until I sync the account, then they appear. I have to do an unnecessary sync to see the deleted emails, then empty the trash, then sync again to have them deleted from the server.

Anyone else having this issue?

thanks.
    It probably doesn't sync instantaneously. Is that really a big problem?

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
  3.    #3  
    It isn't a matter of syncing, it is that in order see the emails in the trash bin, I have to unnecessarily sync. Then I can empty the trash, then sync to delete from the server. I have the app to sync manually. I can handle that. The trash bin is not refreshing.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Are your accounts set up as IMAP? If that's the case, it's probably because you're not connected to the server and the TPad hasn't updated the email information from the server. It seems to be the way IMAP works.

It sounds like you're trying to do everything to purge them off your server entirely and not let them accumulate in the server's Trash folder. I know how it's a royal pain having to constantly purge them. I've noticed something strange with my accounts, you may want to check your server after you delete emails to see how it handles them.

Some of my accounts automatically purge the deleted emails while a couple of my accounts keep them in the Trash folder and I have to go in and clean it out. I'm trying to figure out why the accounts behave differently.
  5.    #5  
    I'm using POP3.
    I did another test. Here is what I did.

Sync inboxes.
    Mail gets downloaded.
    Delete unwanted mail.
    Nothing is in trash folder.
    Sync inboxes.
    Deleted mail appears in trash folder.

I then logged into my email through the web browser and noticed the deleted emails were removed from my email account.

This is different functionality than on my windows 6.x phone. I can delete mail and sync, but until I empty the trash on my phone, the email still sits on the server. TP mail actually removes the mail from the server after I delete and sync, but then places it in my TP trash folder.

There are pros and cons to this. This is why I set my mail to manually sync.
    In win phone, you have a chance to recover the mail before it is removed from the server. In TP, you have to sync, then recover from the trash. After testing this, it's just as many steps to remove mail from the server permanently either way.

I'm guessing this is how it is designed. It's something to get used to since I want to upgrade to Pre3 when I comes out. I don't know if it has the same email app.

Thanks for the replies.