Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    Certain models can recognize wifi hotspots (starbucks, AT&T, not sure about McD) throughout the USA and upload automatically, not sure about overseas though. Not all photosharing sites support RAW format, I would find it highly unlikely that Touchpad would support RAW when windows only provided support for it in windows 7 a few weeks ago.
    I wouldn’t expect native support, but I was wondering if there was an app in the catalog that supported it… …like how you could run a number of programs to handle raw in Windows 7 from day one.

-Suntan
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I had a question about transfering files to the TP too --> Isn't HP Play supposed to transfer music over the air?
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    I had a question about transfering files to the TP too --> Isn't HP Play supposed to transfer music over the air?
    Eventually but not currently.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    How robust are the eye fi things? Can you just stop by a McDonalds, say, and the thing will detect the free wifi and upload? Or do you have to do certain configuration steps every time it meets a new wifi network?

Also, do those sites support raw files? (For that matter does the TP support raw files?) If you tended to shoot in raw can you load just a couple to the TP and convert them to jpg for emailing while on vacation?
    It's my understanding that for the Eye-fi, you need to configure it on Windows or OS X beforehand using a card reader. It appears that there's one year free hotspot with the highest end model, so that would configure it automatically for the hotspots in its network, but for everything else it needs to be pre-set up.

There is a direct mode and an ad-hoc mode (on the high end model). With the former, I believe you can connect directly from your camera to a laptop if no known hotspots are available. This also should interface directly with an iOS or an Android app, but unfortunately there isn't a webOS app. And with the latter, I guess if you set it up in advance you could have your laptop create an ad-hoc hotspot and then it would connect to that if it sees it, but I feel like direct mode would make this redundant.

The only way I can see to interface the Eye-fi with webOS is the indirect method mentioned previously, of uploading to Facebook or Photobucket and then syncing that account to the Touchpad. As already suggested, this would be less than ideal for vacations and the like.

From what I've seen, you can also use raw with the highest end Eye-fi, but that won't upload to any sites, only your computer or an FTP server if you have one.

My information is based on careful reading of their site and support section, so I could be a little off. It's too bad, if there was a webOS app I'd buy one immediately.

Another option is the Airstash. This is a Wifi card reader, so you can use any SD card with it. There is a basic file-browser type app for that in the catalog, but it would be another thing to need with you, and you'd also have to keep track of charging it.
    Is there anything like ES file explorer or File expert on Android, where you can browse shared files on your LAN via wifi?

Box.net is ok but not as convenient as those.

I check the settings in Internalz Pro but didn't see anything.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    You might investigate this:
    Functional USB Host on Touchpad
    Do you have a phone that has a mini sdcard slot? if your digital camera uses an sd card get an adapter and use a mini sdcard. when you're done taking pictures take the mini sd card out of the camera and out of the adapter and place it in your cell phone. take those pictures and upload them onto box.net then download them onto your touchpad. It would be better if you had a 4G connection or can use a wifi hotspot in range of your cell phone.
    A much better question is whether I can pair the TP to my PC via Bluetooth and transfer files between the two that way?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aedv View Post
    A much better question is whether I can pair the TP to my PC via Bluetooth and transfer files between the two that way?
    Definitely a good question but the original request was for a solution with nothing more than the TouchPad and camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by atraum View Post
    You might investigate this:
    Functional USB Host on Touchpad
    Thanks, so for my self powered camera all i'd need would be a micro USB to USB Female OTG cabel !
    Easy to do with "import" feature of UPnP AV Player Free of the App Catalog. Works like a charm! You'll only need to install an UPnP sever on your PC, which is easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post
    Thanks, so for my self powered camera all i'd need would be a micro USB to USB Female OTG cabel !
    did this work for you? as I have the OTG cable, but connection my powered camera direct to the touchpad does nothing? I've read the thread on Y cables and requiring power etc, but I'm sad to report I'm more confused than when I started?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12