Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Yesterday I installed WarthogKernel build 3.0.2-39 on my 3.0.2 32 gig WiFi Touchpad. I had been using F15C. Everything seemed fine in fact better then F15C except that I could no longer use OpenFTP/filezilla to access files. Thinking that it might be related to the kernel I changed back to F15C but found the same problem. Long story short I also tested with Uberkernel same problem. So I attempted to go back to Warthog but keep getting the following errors.



    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    92 4057k 92 3751k 0 0 525k 0 0:00:07 0:00:07 --:--:-- 623k
    100 4057k 100 4057k 0 0 535k 0 0:00:07 0:00:07 --:--:-- 656k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.kernels.warthog-kernel-touchpad
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.warthog-kernel-touchpad.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/fs/lockd/lockd.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/fs/nfs/nfs.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/sunrpc/auth_gss/auth_rpcgss.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/sunrpc/auth_gss/rpcsec_gss_krb5.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/sunrpc/sunrpc.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.kernels.warthog-kernel-touchpad from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.warthog-kernel-touchpad.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing

    I have installed the recovery 3.0.2 Kernel, rebooted and even reset with no luck.

    Anyone else seen this and been able to solve it?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  2.    #2  
    Wow, not a single answer from anyone.

    I would be good to know if anyone who uninstalls WarthogKernel on the Touchpad can re-install or update it.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  3. #3  
    Delete the files for which is it reporting verification errors. Then install the Palm recovery kernel.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #4  
    Delete the files for which is it reporting verification errors. Then install the Palm recovery kernel.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Delete the files for which is it reporting verification errors. Then install the Palm recovery kernel.

    -- Rod
    Rod, thanks. I'll give it a try. I ended up Meta-Doctoring to add a ext3fs partition for Ubuntu on the Touchpad so it reinstalled fine.

    I tested it to see if it is Warthog by uninstalling and trying to re installing before testing another Kernel and the error reoccurs. So I get them deleted as you advise.

    Running F15C right now
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  6. #6  
    I'm having the same problem. So just remove the offending files, install the Palm recovery kernel and then give warthog another try?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kablam0r View Post
    I'm having the same problem. So just remove the offending files, install the Palm recovery kernel and then give warthog another try?
    Yep, Rod's the man. Worked for me.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Delete the files for which is it reporting verification errors. Then install the Palm recovery kernel.

    -- Rod
    Hi Rod,

    New to HP Touchpad. Tried installing F15C but getting the error message that device kernel is not in factory condition. How do I determine which are the offending files and how do I go about removing them? Thanks for your help!

    Howay
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by howay13 View Post
    Hi Rod,

    New to HP Touchpad. Tried installing F15C but getting the error message that device kernel is not in factory condition. How do I determine which are the offending files and how do I go about removing them? Thanks for your help!

    Howay
    Did you install UberKernel or the like? If so, in Preware there should be "Palm Kernel (Touchpad)" recovery kernel. Install that, and then try F15C again.
  10. crump84's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Log1x View Post
    Did you install UberKernel or the like? If so, in Preware there should be "Palm Kernel (Touchpad)" recovery kernel. Install that, and then try F15C again.
    Oh the power of searching.. Thanks for that, I was racking my brain trying to figure what I was doing wrong. I'm a complete webOS noob (Avid Android user) but absorbing as much info as I can until Android is ported over

    This thing is a beast once overclocked btw..
  11. bigolac's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #11  
    I can't seem to uninstall warthog - I get an error message:

    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.warthog-kernel-touchpad.prerm 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    tar: lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko: Wrote only 8192 of 8300 bytes
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    Fatal error occurred, unable to extract tarball
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.warthog-kernel-touchpad.prerm 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    tar: lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko: Wrote only 8192 of 8300 bytes
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    Fatal error occurred, unable to extract tarball

    Any help? I would like to try uberkernel and others...
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigolac View Post
    I can't seem to uninstall warthog - I get an error message:

    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.warthog-kernel-touchpad.prerm 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    tar: lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko: Wrote only 8192 of 8300 bytes
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    Fatal error occurred, unable to extract tarball
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.warthog-kernel-touchpad.prerm 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    tar: lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko: Wrote only 8192 of 8300 bytes
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    Fatal error occurred, unable to extract tarball

    Any help? I would like to try uberkernel and others...
    Did you install the Palm Recovery Kernel before trying to uninstall warthog?
  13. #13  
    I deleted F15 and the used kernel recovery tool. I then installed warthog. I am very happy with it. The strange thing is the palm default Ghz is missing from the profiles.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

    George Orwell.
    rockabillyjon likes this.
  14. #14  
    I'm using warthog, pretty happy, uninstalled unset io patch, the patch tells you straight up it causes probs for kernels such as warthog. Iv had no issues, but iv tried all kernels except phantom. 1.5 is ok, 1.7 is gravy. F15c seemed to not oc my 2 processor. Warthog settings are as follows: max 1.7, min 432, on-demand. Hope my touchpad doesn't melt =[
  15. #15  
    I can't believe i am not figuring this out. I have been messing with this thing for hours. Here is the deal. I had originally had mine overclocked. the next day after overclocking it I realized i had a software update for 3.0.2 so i installed it. Obviously it took my overclock away. I followed the steps again only to come up with this same error. I tried using all of the kernels.

    Everyone keeps saying delete the kernel and install the palm recovery kernel in preware. I cannot seem to find this palm recovery kernel.

    I also read someone saying to go into the installed packages in preware and remove the kernel and it will go back to default, but the problem is i cant install it to be able to remove it. Anyone have any ideas what im doing wrong?
    Last edited by lawnylucky7; 09/01/2011 at 12:25 AM.
  16. #16  
    I had a similiar issue. Go into Preware and redownload Preware again. Reboot the touchpad. From the first page go to "Available Other" to the section labeled. The kernel section will be in there again!
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

    George Orwell.
  17. #17  
    Thank you so much it actually worked. Just delete preware reinstall it. at the main screen go to available packages - kernels - and install the default kernel. restart the touchpad. Go into preware again and install your new kernel, restart the device. Thank you again D0lphin!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by vella_ View Post
    I'm using warthog, pretty happy, uninstalled unset io patch, the patch tells you straight up it causes probs for kernels such as warthog. Iv had no issues, but iv tried all kernels except phantom. 1.5 is ok, 1.7 is gravy. F15c seemed to not oc my 2 processor. Warthog settings are as follows: max 1.7, min 432, on-demand. Hope my touchpad doesn't melt =[
    Thanks Vella for mentioning the unset io patch.. I installed it way before the warthog and didnt remember. I uninstalled it and its zippier than ever!!
  19. #19  
    I must say, Warthog with 3.0.4 may not be ready for beta feeds, causeI got reboot each time I played a game for too long. Before the update, everything was well, and I don't like to stick to F14 kernel to be able to play games... Hope it will be solved soon
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  20. #20  
    Just to let you know my experience with this;

    I had had PreWare installed and the touchpad was working fine EXCEPT I could not get the Music app to recognise my music. I did a "Reset" (not a secure erase, just an erase). I set about reloading my stuff (got my music working!!!) but I couldn't get Uberkernel or Warthog to install... same reason as here. I also couldn't find the recovery kernel in Preware. I "RM'd" the files it was complaining about and my TP went into permanent Kernel Panic.

    I believe what happened was that my old Uberkernel was still installed even after an erase; which meant it couldn't install any kernels at all. I've just Doctored it and I'm optimistic everything will be fine (despite having to copy my 7.7Gb of music all over again) but I thought I'd mention it.

    If you HAVE HAD kernel replacements installed, just do a Doctor straight off and save yourself a couple hours messing about... unless of course someone here knows a better way which is just as safe?

    Thanks all - very helpful site.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions