1.    #1  
    I bought my TouchPad on August 7 and initially, it seemed to work fine. It's a 32GB and I've currently got just over 27GB free, so certainly not overloaded. Over the past two days, it's been getting slower and slower. It took about 6 minutes before I was even able to watch the 4-minute YouTube video I was trying to see. It tends to take between 1-2 minutes to load a web page or any of the apps. It almost seems as though it goes unresponsive but then kicks in. This is not the way things were when I first got the TouchPad. This is my first tablet and I'm not sure what is going on - or what to do. I've looked through the forums but have only seen one other related post but there was nothing there for my situation. Any advice (remembering, it's for a tablet newbie - so clear, simple instructions!) would be very much appreciated. Thanks so much!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/14/2011 at 09:47 PM. Reason: updated title
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I am starting to have the same problem. I have a rock solid cable internet connection but I routinely have to wait for quite a while for the browser to start to show the blue loading line. I also agree that this seems to be a relatively new issue.
    Have you tried powering it completely off then on? That helps me when my tp is running slow.
    I haven't seen any slow down at all and I use mine like crazy all day. Restart your TouchPad, or your cable modem / router.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    As the previous poster mentioned, usually a reset can make a huge difference.
    This definitely sounds weird. I had a problem with the WiFi connection in my house, and it appears that my router has an issue with 802.11n connections. After I switched to use only 802.11g everything was fine. I haven't seen any slowdowns with my browser.

Did you try contacting HP support?
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all your help! I shut the TouchPad down and it's made a HUGE difference!! I actually didn't know that there is a shut down option - and I suppose when I hit the power button it's actually just been sleeping but not off. I'm learning!
    Thanks for everybody's suggestions. I really do appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KateD View Post
    Thanks for all your help! I shut the TouchPad down and it's made a HUGE difference!! I actually didn't know that there is a shut down option - and I suppose when I hit the power button it's actually just been sleeping but not off. I'm learning!
    Thanks for everybody's suggestions. I really do appreciate it.
    I'm glad you've got a work-around for this, but I still think you've got something else going on. I generally don't need to shut down my TouchPad, had it running for weeks up until yesterday (maybe like 10 days, and then 2 weeks before the update) without seeing any slowdowns.

If you're rebooting frequently I'd contact support.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks, Bill. I will certainly contact support if this continues. Hopefully, it was just a glitch that is now solved though!
    Quote Originally Posted by KateD View Post
    Thanks, Bill. I will certainly contact support if this continues. Hopefully, it was just a glitch that is now solved though!
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I had to reboot mine yesterday because of the PDK app crash thing, hadn't happened before, and hasn't happened since.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    I'm glad you've got a work-around for this, but I still think you've got something else going on. I generally don't need to shut down my TouchPad, had it running for weeks up until yesterday (maybe like 10 days, and then 2 weeks before the update) without seeing any slowdowns.

Don't know if you had/have the Pre. It was pretty common answer to many of the problems to just do a reset. Some guys did it every day. I waited until it did weird stuff & it would clear things up for a couple weeks. Don't know if this is common or not on other platforms. There are certainly better experts than me, but this is pretty simple to try.

For example, reading another thread, someone wasn't getting app updates from the software manager. A simple reset--and they were there. I just reset mine (turned it off, then on) & it took less than a minute so not much of a hassle.

Also, if you think it is the WiFi connection, go to speedtest.net I actually get slightly faster speeds than my desktop--most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post

You probably use different apps. I would guess that Kate uses an app or two with memory leaks, and that's what causes the slowdown.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Don't know if you had/have the Pre. It was pretty common answer to many of the problems to just do a reset. Some guys did it every day. I waited until it did weird stuff & it would clear things up for a couple weeks. Don't know if this is common or not on other platforms. There are certainly better experts than me, but this is pretty simple to try.

For example, reading another thread, someone wasn't getting app updates from the software manager. A simple reset--and they were there. I just reset mine (turned it off, then on) & it took less than a minute so not much of a hassle.

Also, if you think it is the WiFi connection, go to speedtest.net I actually get slightly faster speeds than my desktop--most of the time.
    I'm still using my Pre, and I've had to reset from time to time. My concern was that Kate would be rebooting frequently to solve the issue, which in my opinion isn't a real solution. Hopefully she just needs to do this once in a blue moon, but if not I don't think telling her to live with rebooting is a viable solution.

Time will tell......