Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Since I cannot get any paid apps on my Pre3 due to refusal of the software to accept my card details I wonder if you can provide the details on the TP first and then can access the account via the Pre3. So if you do it the reverse way ie New profile on the TP and make the Pre3 use the same one it will work. Hopefully your Pre 3 can be set up today?
    this works on the pre2 with the USA app cat :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

A few developers have emailed me back to say that they have ticked the box for AU...and that it is up to HP to do the approval. I have been noticing new apps each weekday....so they are slowly coming in.
    I'm trying to get a Pre 3...and considering keeping the AU app catalog when I get it. I am already buying AU apps and the apps are slowly coming....so it looks promising. But I also have a bit of a doubt if this is the right decision since the USA app catalog already has many many more apps...but then I'd have the hassle of trying to get a Simon Malls gift card & recharging it etc. It's easier to use my AU credit card I think.
    I just noticed that there is no flixster app, pity because it worked fairly well on my on American account in australia.
    Bhome came up on the Australian catalog last night, which was the one I was most hoping would arrive, so I'm happier now. Someone somewhere is doing their best.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    OK my Pre 3 is now activated for the Australian App Catalog by using the same profile as my Touchpad. The difference being the TP catalog had a States pulldown and the Pre3 did not.
    There are so few games on the Touchpad
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Where is the best place to register your Pre 3? I have one coming this week.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Where is the best place to register your Pre 3? I have one coming this week.
    I guess that you are talking about activation and Catalog access.
    The US Catalog is most extensive. But you must have a credit card which is valid for (billing address in) the selected country. I went for the AUS Catalog for convenience. For the Pre 3, you will run into the missing state drop-down problem though.
    Has anyone found a way to overcome the no state opt box issue other than having a Touch Pad?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Not that I know of, send HP a complaint via the software manager method. I kept doing this daily until I got my touchpad then I lost my enthusiasm.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    My Pre 3 should be here any day now but I still can't get access to the App Cat with the error I was receiving earlier. I'm using Suncorp and ING visa debit cards to no avail.
    , Suncorp said it was because the verification transaction is for $0 but they need a dollar amount to allow a transaction.

Please tell me I don't need to get a credit card simply for use of the App Cat?!...

--Isaac.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Anyone else having the same issue?
    (i.e. Visa Debit cards not accepted when trying to add to the App Cat.)
    Anyone else having the same issue?
    (i.e. Visa Debit cards not accepted when trying to add to the App Cat.)
    The card associated with my account is a Visa Debit card.

EDIT: If you haven't yet got the Pre 3, how are you trying to set up for the App Catalog
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    The card associated with my account is a Visa Debit card.

EDIT: If you haven't yet got the Pre 3, how are you trying to set up for the App Catalog
    My Preł arrived this morning but I've had my TouchPad since fire sale day. So annoying, tried ING, Suncorp, 2 TouchPad (replacement from cracks), and new Palm Profile. Was yours registered to your Preł initially or TP?
    My Preł arrived this morning but I've had my TouchPad since fire sale day. So annoying, tried ING, Suncorp, 2 TouchPad (replacement from cracks), and new Palm Profile. Was yours registered to your Preł initially or TP?
    My first access to paid apps was using an account created on my TouchPad using the Aus App Catalog and the Visa Debit Card. I then changed the Pre3 over to that account using Impostah.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    My first access to paid apps was using an account created on my TouchPad using the Aus App Catalog and the Visa Debit Card. I then changed the Pre3 over to that account using Impostah.
    Had you already activated your Preł elsewhere, hence needing to change it over?
    Had you already activated your Preł elsewhere, hence needing to change it over?
    The Pre 3 inherited the profile from my Pre-.
    just got my Pre3 today too, and this "State" bug got me too wish they would fix it
    lucky i have the touchpad too
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hewball View Post
    just got my Pre3 today too, and this "State" bug got me too wish they would fix it
    lucky i have the touchpad too
    Welcome to webos and the HP/Palm way of doing things. You joined despite HP saying they would close and sell it off.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I too am stuck with the state bug!!!!!

This is ridiculous. If you look through the regional settings, you'll see that Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Hong Kong and China are all on the format list of the UK pre 3.

So HP obviously had some intention of sorts to launch them in those countries.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast