Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 106
Like Tree6Likes
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by jodihansen View Post
    You defined it as advertising when I stand absolutely nothing to gain from it. I am merrily a user over here and just wanted to see more Aussies contribute to the discussions as well as be able to read existing information. I would like to see webOS gain some popularity, that is all....you got the wrong idea, I wasn't advertising for this site and the moderators don't know me.
    Much like the moderators over here, I can only moderate based on what I can see. Hence the duck test.

    However, this is not even remotely on-topic for this discussion, so any further correspondence is to be via the appropriate channels on Whirlpool.

    Meanwhile, as far as app catalog countries are concerned I agree entirely with Rod. If you have a usable US method of payment, use the US catalog. It is really just easier that way.
    Hendikins - The Lurking Wolfox
    There's three ways - the right way, the wrong way and the railway...
  2. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #62  
    Pre 3 has 7 paid apps. I tried to buy PHD but the card stuff doesn't work.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Pre 3 has 7 paid apps. I tried to buy PHD but the card stuff doesn't work.
    It's a conspiracy against being able to buy Australian-made apps I tell you!!!

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    pangi likes this.
  4. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #64  
    Has anyone been able to enter their card data? I keep getting "field not entered or missing field". I do notice we don't have a States box to enter in Australia. I suppose since NZ does not have any states so we don't either?
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Has anyone been able to enter their card data? I keep getting "field not entered or missing field". I do notice we don't have a States box to enter in Australia. I suppose since NZ does not have any states so we don't either?
    Hi PreRunr,

    I experienced this issue. Here is the solution that I worked through to get the AU App Cat to accept my card details.

    You need App Cat version 5.0.1600 for the AU App Cat. I had version 3.0.53. If you go to the "Software Manager" and look at "HP App Cat" it will tell you what version you have. To get to Software Manager, goto "Just Type" and enter Softare to Launch the App.

    Your Tpad should prompt you that a new version of HP App Cat is available for downloading. This is how I resolved the "Non Prompt" issue.

    Disconnect all devices other that you tpad from your wifi network. Shutdown your wifi network. Shutdown your touchpad. (device info app/reset/shutdown)

    Restart your wifi network. wait 30 seconds. Start your ipad. Go to Software Manager and and wait say 30 seconds. you should be prompted that an update is avaialable. Apply the update.

    You should be right to go.

    It was simply a wifi "data" issue that I had.

    Cheers
  6. #66  
    Hi PreRunr,

    Just noticed your previous posts and noticed you were referring to credit card issues related to a Pre3 rather than a Touchpad as I had presumed. The resolution I provided was based on card issued I had experienced with a Touchpad/AU App Cat.

    Cheers.
  7. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #67  
    On the Pre 3 its V2.0.23300 and no update was offered. Thanks anyway.
  8. #68  
    We still don't have many apps in the AU paid app catalog. I just emailed a few developers to ask them to tick the AU and NZ boxes. However, since I can't see the apps in the USA paid app catalog, it's hard to know which ones I'd like so as to email the developer. Pity HP took this capability away since I could have used Preware to see what I was missing. I think there is a URL that I can use (HP's site I think). Does anyone know it?
  9. #69  
    Just wondering, does carrier billing work on the pre in Australia?
  10. pangi's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by thirst View Post
    Hi PreRunr,

    I experienced this issue. Here is the solution that I worked through to get the AU App Cat to accept my card details.

    You need App Cat version 5.0.1600 for the AU App Cat. I had version 3.0.53. If you go to the "Software Manager" and look at "HP App Cat" it will tell you what version you have. To get to Software Manager, goto "Just Type" and enter Softare to Launch the App.

    Your Tpad should prompt you that a new version of HP App Cat is available for downloading. This is how I resolved the "Non Prompt" issue.

    Disconnect all devices other that you tpad from your wifi network. Shutdown your wifi network. Shutdown your touchpad. (device info app/reset/shutdown)

    Restart your wifi network. wait 30 seconds. Start your ipad. Go to Software Manager and and wait say 30 seconds. you should be prompted that an update is avaialable. Apply the update.

    You should be right to go.

    It was simply a wifi "data" issue that I had.

    Cheers
    I have v 5.0.1600 and no paid apps here.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by pangi View Post
    I have v 5.0.1600 and no paid apps here.
    It is looking to me like you have to create a new profile for a device to select the Australian pay option and get the Australian Catalog. I will try that when my Pre 3 gets here. Should be tomorrow.

    In spite of wiping the TouchPad and specifying Australia, when I log in to my old profile (Spanish activation), I have still see the ES Catalog on the TP.
  12. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    It is looking to me like you have to create a new profile for a device to select the Australian pay option and get the Australian Catalog. I will try that when my Pre 3 gets here. Should be tomorrow.

    In spite of wiping the TouchPad and specifying Australia, when I log in to my old profile (Spanish activation), I have still see the ES Catalog on the TP.
    Since I cannot get any paid apps on my Pre3 due to refusal of the software to accept my card details I wonder if you can provide the details on the TP first and then can access the account via the Pre3. So if you do it the reverse way ie New profile on the TP and make the Pre3 use the same one it will work. Hopefully your Pre 3 can be set up today?
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Since I cannot get any paid apps on my Pre3 due to refusal of the software to accept my card details I wonder if you can provide the details on the TP first and then can access the account via the Pre3. So if you do it the reverse way ie New profile on the TP and make the Pre3 use the same one it will work. Hopefully your Pre 3 can be set up today?
    Still waiting. My concern is that I want to use the current email for my profile and I can't think how I can get my backed up data onto the Pre 3 if it is set up on a new profile. I will probably just end up starting from scratch and wasting a lot of time getting back to where I am at the moment. I will set up on the Australian Catlog and hope that devs make their software available. Organising a US card is not really an option for me.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Since I cannot get any paid apps on my Pre3 due to refusal of the software to accept my card details I wonder if you can provide the details on the TP first and then can access the account via the Pre3. So if you do it the reverse way ie New profile on the TP and make the Pre3 use the same one it will work. Hopefully your Pre 3 can be set up today?
    Got it . I might have the same problem as you. I get "required field does not exist or is empty" when submitting CC details, in spite of everything seeming to be there.
  15. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Got it . I might have the same problem as you. I get "required field does not exist or is empty" when submitting CC details, in spite of everything seeming to be there.
    Same thing! The US version card input list has State (pulldown list) and Zip before telephone number, we should have State but its not there! There are no States in the UK either.
  16. #76  
    ^ Confirmed same result when trying to input CC details on the TouchPad. Time to call HP.

    EDIT: They have other reports and it has been passed on to the engineers.
    Last edited by johncc; 08/29/2011 at 01:20 AM.
  17. #77  
    Kudos to HP, for the prompt fix. The App Catalog has been updated to include the missing State dropdown for the entry of Australian CC details. I have now successfully completed the process.

    EDIT: This on a TouchPad
    Last edited by johncc; 08/30/2011 at 08:03 AM.
  18. #78  
    Incoming member...

    It would be handy to get from HP some indication of what is going on with the Australian app store.

    For instance - are new paid apps being added as the developers make them available? So it's the developers' fault their apps don't show? Or is some hard-working HP person having to grind through all the paid apps and re-approve them for sale in Australia, even though the developers have ok'd them?

    We know from email exchanges that the developers of Bhome want that app to be purchasable in Australia and they say they ticked all the boxes, but it's still not there. So maybe the delay is, indeed, at the HP end (perhaps unavoidably, but it would help with our impatience if we knew how the system works).
  19. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Kudos to HP, for the prompt fix. The App Catalog has been updated to include the missing State dropdown for the entry of Australian CC details. I have now successfully completed the process.
    Great news, alas only on the TP as its not on the Pre 3 so I reported that just now.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    Incoming member...

    It would be handy to get from HP some indication of what is going on with the Australian app store.

    For instance - are new paid apps being added as the developers make them available? So it's the developers' fault their apps don't show? Or is some hard-working HP person having to grind through all the paid apps and re-approve them for sale in Australia, even though the developers have ok'd them?

    We know from email exchanges that the developers of Bhome want that app to be purchasable in Australia and they say they ticked all the boxes, but it's still not there. So maybe the delay is, indeed, at the HP end (perhaps unavoidably, but it would help with our impatience if we knew how the system works).
    The developers have to tick the boxes, and then it has to go through app catalog review. Neither is automatic.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions