Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    BTW.....there was no need to return your TouchPad. Harvey Norman refunded $450 to me to give me the firesale price $149 and I also got to keep the free mifi (8GB with 6 month expiry).
    Quote Originally Posted by jodihansen View Post
    My Pre 2 and TouchPad both now have an Australian credit card registered. The apps are coming......but Shane, they really need to come ASAP. There are many Aussies hanging out on forums.whirlpool.net.au that are being told by others that paid apps are not available to Australians and that they need to set it up with a USA profile and Simon Malls Gift Card.
    I have tried to tell them that it is coming here...and also tried to point them to here (they are in an Android forum within an ISP forum....totally mixed up).
    Was your Pre2 previously activated to the US App Cat and you used your new AUS profile from your Touchpad OR did you previously activate your Pre2 to Australia? Cheers.
    I had created an account with Palm 2 years ago and the only option for the location at the time was USA. Then I got my Pre 2 earlier this year and used a Telstra SIM to activate it. As a result, my Pre 2 was registered as Australian, but my profile on it was USA. I had the Australian app catalog.
    I have since created a new fully Australian profile on the TouchPad and then I reset my Pre 2 and put the same profile on it.
    I hope that all makes sense.
    Last edited by jodihansen; 08/25/2011 at 09:28 AM.
    I had created a developer account with Palm 2 years ago and the only option for the location at the time was USA. Then I got my Pre 2 earlier this year and used a Telstra SIM to activate it. As a result, my Pre 2 was registered as Australian, but my profile on it was USA. I had the Australian app catalog.
    I have since created a new fully Australian profile on the TouchPad and then I reset my Pre 2 and put the same profile on it.
    I hope that all makes sense.
    Interesting. I have a US Pre2 with a Telstra SIM which I activated using Impostah to the US App Cat. I now have a Touchpad which I've activated on a new AU profile this evening. I'm lead to believe that simply using the new AU profile on the US activated Pre2 will NOT get me access to the AU App Cat. Thanks.
    I'm keeping my TouchPad on the US app catalog.

There will never be an Australian-only webOS app. There are already lots of US-only apps.

Of course you need to have access to a US credit/debit card to take advantage of this.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I've tried to add my Suncorp Visa Debit to no avail. I can see others have had this same message with a different code.
    Could Not Add Credit Card
    We cannot process your payment.
    Contact your financial institution.
    LOC02029
    Anyone able to use their Visa Debit Card OR having the same issue OR know the solution?...
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    We have paid apps!!!!!!!!!!
    WOO HOO!!!!!
    Yeah, I have paid apps on my Pre 2 as well now.

Rod, I can see how the US app catalog would suit you best if you already used that for your phones and had purchased apps already. It was a different story for myself since my Pre 2 was activated in Australia. I do think that I saw it could be possible to create a USA profile on the TouchPad and then use Impostah to move the Pre 2 to that profile?
    Anyway, I am glad to see the apps open up to us. I wanted Carbon and I now have that. It would be good to see some more apps on the phone though.

thirst, have you played around with moving the Pre 2 over to the TouchPad profile? Could you use Impostah to do it? There are currently only a handful of apps for the phone at the moment....but I did get Carbon and Preware Homebrew Documentation.
    I told the Aussies on the whirlpool.net.au forum that they should come over to PreCentral to find info on the TouchPad since they have a number of massive threads there in the Android forum and they might as well.....but the moderator marked my post as spam.
    toopy likes this.
    I told the Aussies on the whirlpool.net.au forum that they should come over to PreCentral to find info on the TouchPad since they have a number of massive threads there in the Android forum and they might as well.....but the moderator marked my post as spam.
    Don't worry I made it! lol
    jodihansen likes this.
    Places that depend on page views for advertising revenue are always against you send people elsewhere. Unfortunately, that results in duplication of information and effort.

Just look at all the threads here with information which is already captured on the WebOS Internals wiki (which anyone is welcome to edit, from any site).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Welcome toopy.
    I posted there to help people find more info.....but my posts keep getting deleted. Not cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Places that depend on page views for advertising revenue are always against you send people elsewhere. Unfortunately, that results in duplication of information and effort.

Just look at all the threads here with information which is already captured on the WebOS Internals wiki (which anyone is welcome to edit, from any site).

-- Rod
    Yes, you are correct. It would be nice to create an even bigger community here and on the webOS Internals wiki. They are duplicating other's efforts and didn't allow me to point people in this direction. sad.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Sitting here waiting for my Pre 3 to arrive this pm, I was wondering what I should do about activation. I have a 32GB TP being shipped by a tardy daughter (its 2 weeks already!) from the US so this has not been activated at all. My Pre- was activated in AUS, my Pre 2 activated in USA, but with a AUS paid catalog it seems best to activate the Pre 3 and TP with yet another email account or can I use the first one as I no longer have the Pre-. Does this make sense and any suggestions as to the right choice now?
    Yes, you are correct. It would be nice to create an even bigger community here and on the webOS Internals wiki. They are duplicating other's efforts and didn't allow me to point people in this direction. sad.
    Don't worry to much about it, there is a reason that sometimes its refered to as whingepool.

Glad to part or the forum a lot of valuable info here, now if I could just d/l Touchplayer, this site wont let me log in keeps getting error 500.
    I was the actioning moderator for that. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

This has nothing to do with page views, ads, traffic or anything else - in fact, several people including myself have posted links to PreCentral. There is absolutely no issue with posting links to PC, as long as it doesn't look like advertising.

As for being in the Android Tablets section? That isn't my idea. We simply don't have a section for tablets that aren't iPad/Android, and that is where it ended up.
    Hendikins - The Lurking Wolfox
    There's three ways - the right way, the wrong way and the railway...
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Sitting here waiting for my Pre 3 to arrive this pm, I was wondering what I should do about activation. I have a 32GB TP being shipped by a tardy daughter (its 2 weeks already!) from the US so this has not been activated at all. My Pre- was activated in AUS, my Pre 2 activated in USA, but with a AUS paid catalog it seems best to activate the Pre 3 and TP with yet another email account or can I use the first one as I no longer have the Pre-. Does this make sense and any suggestions as to the right choice now?
    Hi Doug, Things are not much clearer then when we PM'd earlier. (the Pre 3 [also due today] hasn't arrived yet).

On the TP, I backed up the profile, ran Save/Restore and saved packages in Preware and backed up my USB drive, then did a Full Erase. The boot process allowed me to select Australia and when I elected to use an existing profile (email), it asked if I wanted to restore the TP or the Pre-. Did that. But unfortunately, I am still showing the Spanish Catalog in the App Catalog. No doubt if I created a new profile I would have the Aus Catalog, but that's a bit inconvenient.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Got it, now what to do. Neat Handtec power adapter. OK Using AUS and old Pre- email. But the credit card input fails! A required field does not exist or is empty for Master Card.
    Last edited by PreRunr; 08/26/2011 at 01:36 AM.
    johncc likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendikins View Post
    I was the actioning moderator for that. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

This has nothing to do with page views, ads, traffic or anything else - in fact, several people including myself have posted links to PreCentral. There is absolutely no issue with posting links to PC, as long as it doesn't look like advertising.

As for being in the Android Tablets section? That isn't my idea. We simply don't have a section for tablets that aren't iPad/Android, and that is where it ended up.
    You defined it as advertising when I stand absolutely nothing to gain from it. I am merrily a user over here and just wanted to see more Aussies contribute to the discussions as well as be able to read existing information. I would like to see webOS gain some popularity, that is all....you got the wrong idea, I wasn't advertising for this site and the moderators don't know me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    I'm happy that we have an official AU paid app catalog now....but to be honest, there still needs to be more apps added. As of this morning there were maybe 20 apps on the TouchPad and 10 on the Pre 2. I expect more to come though. I think you will be best off to put the TP and Pre 3 on the same account though. Not sure if I'm of much help....I know that Rod is still happy to have USA accounts.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast