Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    I am just trying to appreciate all the things my touchpad does better than my old dented iPad. It notifies like nothing else, sounds like nothing else, multitasks like nothing else, friends like nothing else, has a community like nothing else, but has disappointed like nothing else. Lucky then, I had my first reboot when watching the ****** about the death of webOS video. It'll be an extremely sad moment when I flick the card off the screen for the last time particularly when I haven't even prewared it yet.
    at least I still have a pre 2...
    I returned mine. I loved it, but at the end of the day, we need to be realistic about these things. The Harvey Norman returns guy accepted it with no argument; I think they're treating it as a product recall.

May try to get one from the US at their current run-out cost. Or (another dose of reality) get an iPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by mclo99 View Post
    Well, looks like I may as well just toss my Touchpad. Feel absolutely ripped-off. Will now go back to the iPad, and stab myself in the eye with a spoon before ever buying an HP product again.
    What a pathetic outcome. Safe to say that we'll never see paid apps in Australia now. Shane???????
    it just means that that you need delete the touchpad device from your profile on the HP profile website page. Then your to will reset by itself, then make a new profile with a US profile. Use a Simon gift card or other us c/card.

job done
    Quote Originally Posted by boyblueeye View Post
    it just means that that you need delete the touchpad device from your profile on the HP profile website page. Then your to will reset by itself, then make a new profile with a US profile. Use a Simon gift card or other us c/card.

job done
    At this point I wouldn't advise anyone to go through that effort.

Take it back for a refund.

-- Rod
    I was going to buy a Touchpad this morning........until yesterday's announcement.

What online shop (apart from ebay) will ship a Touchpad to Australia? I know Clove will do it, any other suggestions?

I hope that they have manufactured a US unlocked Pre3 (3G = 850), I have a US Pre2 but have been waiting for the Pre3......hoping we can buy it soon....?

Cheers.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    With the 64GB TouchPad coming out I wouldn't rule out the possibility of the Australian App Cat coming through, however I'd equally not place my hopes in that it would.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    With the 64GB TouchPad coming out I wouldn't rule out the possibility of the Australian App Cat coming through, however I'd equally not place my hopes in that it would.
    There won't be any 64GB Touchpad coming out.
    The TouchPad has been withdrawn from sale in Australia, and they are giving refunds on all devices sold.

I don't expect to see paid apps in an Australian app catalog.

-- Rod
    Any news on what Harvey Norman has done with excess stock? I wouldn't mind exchanging my touchpad for four.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyron431 View Post
    Any news on what Harvey Norman has done with excess stock? I wouldn't mind exchanging my touchpad for four.
    They would be going back to HP for a refund.
    Oh well, I guess I was happy(ish) with my iPad 1, and wait for an iPad 3. Maybe touchpads will be cheap on ebay, or harvey Norman will give me a partial refund, but I am probably dreaming, a rather tragic dream, but a dream never the less.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    They would be going back to HP for a refund.
    Did you just make that up?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Did you just make that up?
    Yes. Hence the use of "would". Seems obvious to me that is what is happening.
    Last edited by johncc; 08/20/2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: clear up ambiguity
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Yes. Hence the use of "would". Seems obvious to me.
    I see, just sounded a little absolute.
    I see, just sounded a little absolute.
    As I said, I think Harvey Norman are treating it as a product recall. Everything gets sent back to the distributor.

It's fair enough; if they didn't do it, your state's Fair Trading (or Consumer Affairs, etc.) Department would be saying, this thing has been discontinued after four days, that's bad in any number of ways, what action are you taking?

Easiest overall to be proactive.

Edit: They sold their remaining stock for $100 and $150. I got one.
    Last edited by calroth; 08/21/2011 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Updated.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Me too! This is epic as is but damn it'd be sweet to see the App Cat open up. Rod is speaking at webOS connect in a couple of weeks. Hopefully he'll find out more info soon. I'm going too.
    Okay. Apparently HP App Catalog 5.0.1600 (available as update now) makes the Australian App Catalog available. Is there any way, short of wiping the device, to get access from a previous activated device.
    problem though, although you can enter your credit card details, there aren't any paid apps to buy, still it gives me hope
    I think you can change app cat on the Tablet, but NOT on the phones
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

My Pre 2 and TouchPad both now have an Australian credit card registered. The apps are coming......but Shane, they really need to come ASAP. There are many Aussies hanging out on forums.whirlpool.net.au that are being told by others that paid apps are not available to Australians and that they need to set it up with a USA profile and Simon Malls Gift Card.
    I have tried to tell them that it is coming here...and also tried to point them to here (they are in an Android forum within an ISP forum....totally mixed up).
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast