Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jason Robitaille
  1.    #1  
    As the title says, how can I hide or password protect files on my TP.

THANKS!
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    You can hide 2 ways with Internalz Pro. You can "Mask from webOS", which adds a period to the front of the filename, thus hiding it from webOS apps. There's also "Hidden" which hides it in FAT32; essentially, when you go into USB Mode, the file will be hidden (unless your computer is set to show hidden files/folders).

Hopefully both features will make it into Internalz HD
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    bevcraw likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Does that allow me to hide and unhide files from within webOS 3.0.2?
    yes

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Would this work for a program too? I use Tapnotes for client notes and would like to have the program hidden from view so when anyone uses my TP they can't access Tapnotes. Or is there another way to put a password on a specific program?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by riw View Post
    Would this work for a program too? I use Tapnotes for client notes and would like to have the program hidden from view so when anyone uses my TP they can't access Tapnotes. Or is there another way to put a password on a specific program?
    Exactly. I want to be able to let people use my TP and not worry about them seeing files I don't want them to or messing with some of my files.

So what's the difference between between internalz pro and HD? Is it something worth waiting for?
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    So what's the difference between between internalz pro and HD? Is it something worth waiting for?
    Internalz Pro is for 2.x but scales for the TP with Mojo. Internalz HD uses Enyo for a more fluid experience.

You should be able to just hide an app with Internalz by going to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/<app folder name> and masking that folder by adding a period to the beginning of the folder name.

You would have to restart Luna though.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Internalz HD will also include many new features. But you'll have to wait to find out

Once a file/folder is masked from webOS how would you unmask it?
    Quote Originally Posted by zinc View Post
    Once a file/folder is masked from webOS how would you unmask it?
    You'll need to go into Internalz Pro's preferences screen and set Show Hidden on. Then you'll be able to see it and untoggle the file/folder as masked