1.    #1  
    ok I'm really getting frustrated by this. The billing website I use Office Ally uses a lot of hover actions under links. For example on the home page if you hover over the login button there are a few choices that come up. I need to login to PracticeMate which is the second option on the menu, if I just click on the login button it takes me to the wrong login site. I used the work around of getting the exact URL from my computer and bookmarking it. But when I am in the site there are actions (not web pages ex. create secondary claim), I need to click on which are under these kinds of links that I can't get to. Very frustrating. I haven't come up with any work arounds, was thinking a mouse might work but it seems that from other threads no one has found one that works. Any suggestions?

This issue is really making me wonder if the touchpad will work for me as a work tool. On my brother's android phone this didn't seem to be a problem.
    On sites like that I pause on the link and open it in a new card.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    try going thrrough the mobile version of the site...
    Did you try to long press the button or slide it to the bottom? that's how my htc desire works at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by riw View Post
    ok I'm really getting frustrated by this. The billing website I use Office Ally uses a lot of hover actions under links. For example on the home page if you hover over the login button there are a few choices that come up. I need to login to PracticeMate which is the second option on the menu, if I just click on the login button it takes me to the wrong login site. I used the work around of getting the exact URL from my computer and bookmarking it. But when I am in the site there are actions (not web pages ex. create secondary claim), I need to click on which are under these kinds of links that I can't get to. Very frustrating. I haven't come up with any work arounds, was thinking a mouse might work but it seems that from other threads no one has found one that works. Any suggestions?

This issue is really making me wonder if the touchpad will work for me as a work tool. On my brother's android phone this didn't seem to be a problem.
    for stuff like that I would install ubuntu and chromium or Firefox browser, see other threads and webos-internals wiki for how-to
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    try tapping the menu and dragging your finger to the side (to white space where there are no links) and then letting go.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    try tapping the menu and dragging your finger to the side (to white space where there are no links) and then letting go.
    Sigh didn't work. Have you tried it? Did it work for you? Any secrets?

Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    Did you try to long press the button or slide it to the bottom? that's how my htc desire works at least.
    Yeah I noticed that worked on my brother's HTC but not on the webOS Browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    On sites like that I pause on the link and open it in a new card.
    The problem is that the top level link isn't the one that I need and when I open it, it only goes to the top level link. I still can't see the other links.

Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    try going thrrough the mobile version of the site...
    The company explicitly states it will only support Microsoft explorer so I am really happy it works quite well in webOS. Renders exactly as in explorer which it doesn't in Firefox or Google chrome. So as a result no Mobile version.

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    for stuff like that I would install ubuntu and chromium or Firefox browser, see other threads and webos-internals wiki for how-to
    Sounds scary but at this point it seems like my only option. Just wondering if you knew the simplest least complicated of the threads or wikis.

Maybe I can use it for just the actions I need even though the rendering in those browsers isn't so great.
    Hum this sucks because my PlayBook has this exact feature and yet I'm planning on selling it for a TP.

I doubt this will work on there but on the PlayBook you hold one finger anywhere on the bezel near to the screen and then anywhere you tap on the browser will act as if you moved a mouse cursor there but wont actually perform a click action.
  9.    #9  
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...st3065672.html

so I put this in the feature request thread. Could everyone please go and "like" this feature. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by riw View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...st3065672.html

so I put this in the feature request thread. Could everyone please go and "like" this feature. Thanks.
    you should add it to the unexpected website behavior thread. HP monitors it and in my case 2 of my reported websites were fixed after 3.02.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    It's a work-around for now but why not navigate by typing in the URL like you did, then just bookmark it. At least you would have quick access to it.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    on the veer touch and drag works for me. On the TP, touch and hold works for me. Hmmm.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/