Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I will be bringing my TP today to shoot a wedding. Sometimes, photogs get in to a state that you ran out of creative ideas. I copied the best of my wedding shots to my TP and hopefully I can browse them during those times. I will be with another photographer so that will give me some time to refresh using the TP.
    It's too bad there isn't an easy way to transfer pics from the camera to the TP if in the field.
    dropbox?
    I haven't tried an eye-fi card yet. I'm hoping that it will be the solution.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Does the TP support raw file formats like NEF and CR2? I realize thats an extreme long shot.
    It would be fantastic if I could tether it on a shoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    Does the TP support raw file formats like NEF and CR2? I realize thats an extreme long shot.
    It would be fantastic if I could tether it on a shoot.
    I'd like to know this too.
    I don't know. If you post one we can try it.
    I just transfered .CR2 files (canon raw files) on my touchpad and it did not show up. I am not sure if this is an indexing issue or it does not really read raw files.

I am not sure this is important tho, simply there is no way to directly upload photos to the touchpad from the dslr. You would still need a computer to upload them.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    USB host mode - when are you coming? At least the iPad has a camera kit
    what if you change the file extension to .jpg or something similar.
    I'm a photographer as well. I can tell you cr2 support will be difficult because canon changes the format with each new model. That's why it takes adobe time to update camera raw when new bodies come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what if you change the file extension to .jpg or something similar.
    that won't work.
    Have any of you tried AirStash? They have an app for iOS but it also works without one. Basically you insert your memory card and it creates a wireless connection to download its contents.

I am thinking of buying one but don't know how well the TP handles downloads through the browser (I had problems with a share drive through web)
    I doubt the TP supports RAW. Besides, I wouldn't think the TP as enough RAM to work with RAW files. Just my 2 cents.

ET
    I've been looking at this product for a while now:

Eye-Fi Pro X2 8 GB Class 6 SDHC Wireless Flash Memory Card EYE-FI-8PC

I'm not sure how it would interface with the TP, however.

----

As far as the images are concerned, save RAW and JPG on the device and use the JPG for previewing (definitely no RAW file Codec available...)
    Last edited by UncleSpam; 08/13/2011 at 11:24 PM.
    Palm III --> Palm IIIx --> HandEra 330 --> Palm T|T3 --> HP TouchPad 32G
    I know the EyeFi X2's Direct Mode won't work as it requires an app on the device. I wonder if EyeFi had an API that an app developer could tie into for webOS.

If you setup your EyeFi sharing properly, it can now auto-upload to Google+ albums now too, as well as Facebook, Snapfish & Photobucket which are all native on the TouchPad so should show up pretty quickly.

I use a MiFi 3G Router when I am out and about and this works well.

Regards,
    Shane.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    USB host mode - when are you coming? At least the iPad has a camera kit
    Just curious, isn't this something the HB community should be able to add? All we need is like a "mass storage" driver or something.

Or is that not within the spec of microUSB?
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    I trully hope I would be able to "upload" my .NEF files from my Nikons somehow.
    This would be fantastic! I just got a DSLR and have been taking pictures of my webOS collection. I'd LOVE to be able to instantly transfer it to my TouchPad. The problem is that I have a nice 16 GB SD card in my camera right now... I don't really want to pay 5 times as much for an 8 GB card with WiFi (Eye-Fi). I feel like the Eye-Fi is a rip off... not sure though since I haven't used one.

Praying for usb host mode!
    The Eye-Fi is on the expensive side, but it is a good alternative to shooting in tethered mode.
    Palm III --> Palm IIIx --> HandEra 330 --> Palm T|T3 --> HP TouchPad 32G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast