- You will be asked if you want always to use https to access your account, select that option then save preference if asked
(you will be asked this only for the first time)
- then you will b prompted to enter your login information
- Next you will be asked to upgrade your browser, just ignore that and click on continue to windows live Hotmail link in blue
(you will be asked this each time you are trying to login to your hotmail account )
- When you click on continue to windows live Hotmail it will take you to your account where you will able to read and write emails in real time
- I have tried it 3 time without any problem.
nonso_adesso's solution works 100% thanks. Anyone found out the reasoning for it though? I too was able to view it on my Pre- also and then all of a sudden the same problem popped up on both my Pre and TouchPad. It does however still work on iPad.
Warning. If you enable https on Hotmail, it WILL break access via other non browser based apps, including Live Mail etc....
I use HTTPS on Pre+ and TP to check junk et al, but also have mail apps pull my inbox, and several PCs and a netbook running IE, Firefox, and various email programs. All access my hot mail accts w/o trouble.