Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rstark
  • 1 Post By Cantaffordit
  1.    #1  
    I had around five cards opened (two for email, two browsers, and one for the app catalog). I purchased Slice It and tried to run it. I kept selecting the options so I could play it (or rather so my daughter could play it) and it just kept closing and I had to open the program again. I finally swiped away all of my open cards and then I was finally able to play it. I've hit the too many cards error before so I have to wonder if 1GB RAM is enough or should there be a Homebrew patch to reallocate the memory so this doesn't happen (thanks Homebrew!).
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    the truth is you can never have enough mem.

don't believe me, ask bill gates and his famous quote from the 80's saying we would never need more than 186k or something haha

but yeah its annoying especially if you have a few browser windows open you get too many cards way too soon...
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    installed jstop from preware with auto collect gc, try it.

huh, found out from a blog when I was looking for a new hard drive that apple secretly updated the firmware on my 2 1/2 yr MacBook this past spring to take twice as much memory. Installed and makes a big difference in running VMware, no more having to close other windows
    Last edited by bluenote; 08/13/2011 at 06:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    don't believe me, ask bill gates and his famous quote from the 80's saying we would never need more than 186k or something haha
    Hexmaster's Factoids: 640 kB
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    haha ok I knew I was off on the number, but I knew it was def less than one meg =x
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    When I first got mine I had somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 cards open. I never did see that message. Haven't tried since, really haven't had the need or desire. Good idea though, never enough RAM
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    the truth is you can never have enough mem.

but yeah its annoying especially if you have a few browser windows open you get too many cards way too soon...
    Well yeah, but Homebrew fixed this with the Pre -/+ with a patch. 512MB of RAM was enough to run many cards. Why is this a problem with the TP and why can't it get fixed with a patch?
    etx likes this.
    At this point 1 GB is likely to be massive overkill for most apps you might run on a Touchpad.

If you see the TMC error (on just 3 apps when even on the 512 MB Pre +/2 people could run 50+ apps) I consider it much more likely that at least one of the programs has a severe memory leak that needlessly uses up memory.

The trick is to find pout which program causes the leak and tell the devs to fix it (or find an alternative - or at least know what app to end to work around the bug). Memory leaks can use up 2-4 GBs of RAM just as easily - only takes longer.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    A couple times for me my TP simply got bogged down and wouldn't play more of the graphic intensive games, like angry birds or robotek. It would just close the app. A restart solved the issue but I would like to know what caused it.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    memory leak and/or bugs.
    kjb86 likes this.
  11.    #11  
    It must be a bug with Slice It. With either the email app or the internet browser opened by themselves (not together) you can't play the game. As soon as you press play and select your level, the game disappears from the screen.