Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just bought a 32GB Touchpad and the OS is 3.0.0. When I click on the System updates it always comes back with "Your device is up to date".

How do I update to 3.0.2?
    Easiest way is to just Doctor directly to 3.0.2
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the heads up.

Tried that at first and the doctor did not detect it. Had to reset the Touchpad and then the doctor worked.
    I just got my new shiny TouchPad last night and got everything set up and now it won't update lol, doctor and set it all up again today
    Same prob. Chatted with hp support straight from the to...cool feature carried over from palm...stated I had to dr the device. What??? Never had to do a webos update like that before. I just set ip my tp, and now I have to start all over?
    same issue... Bought a touchpad on launch day and it updated no problem. Now I got a second for my dad and it won't recognize the update. What exactly is going on? Is the update pulled?
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Just got one 30 minutes ago. Same issue. Says I'm up to date but clearly not...
    Same here...

***? Did they pull the update?!
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Good question - is there an incremental update occurring?
    I hope something comes out this week! Or at the very least just put the 3.0.2 update back out...

Customers bringing this thing home isn't gonna even know what webOS Doctor is let alone tell them to manually update it!!!
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    My parents just got a (replacement) TouchPad and it has the same issue. Fairly confused by this. I'm wondering what the issue is.
    So this is weird....

A friend of mine got the touchpad same time as me, but he was able to update his with no problems to 3.0.2

Those of us having problems, are you using the same webOS profile as your other Touchpad? Because I am, and I wonder if that's the issue!

My friend setup a brand new webOS account for his, that's the only difference I can think of!
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post
    Those of us having problems, are you using the same webOS profile as your other Touchpad? Because I am, and I wonder if that's the issue!

My friend setup a brand new webOS account for his, that's the only difference I can think of!
    For me, I used my old Palm Profile account when I had a Pre in 2009. Login still worked. No update available for me though.
    Same problem here, stuck on 3.0.0... My Touchpad says its up-to-date and I'm a brand new Touchpad owner with a brand new WebOS profile.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    For reference, on the TouchPad I attempted to update, the same profile had been associated with another TouchPad which had already been updated to 3.0.2 OTA.
    it may b possible 3.0.2 has been withdrawn and 3.0.4 is in the making to better resolve the issues of 3.0.0 and 3.0.2, which afterall smthg achieved in such short time and notice.

so in the meantime, HB by codecrumb and co should b sufficient to keep your TP in fast n safe mode.
    If you can't get webOS 3.0.2 on your TouchPad you need to log in to your Palm profile:
    https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

Click on device options for your Touchpad.
    Click on get webOS doctor.

After that an application will download to your computer which will allow you to get webOS 3.0.2 on you TouchPad.

Follow the instructions and you are good to go.

If the doctor fails at first try it again. Also, make sure your battery is at 50% or more.
    strange issue

got a replacement on Friday and no problems.
    my mother got one yesterday (first time owning a webOS device) and hers is having this issue.
    did you try doctoring your mom's device?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you try doctoring your mom's device?
    I would love to cantaffordit, but there may be one issue.. That I moved across the country last yr lol

I'll see if I can explain it to her but that may be a challenge lol
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast