webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Touchpad wont update from 3.0.0 to 3.0.2?
Touchpad wont update from 3.0.0 to 3.0.2?
Like Tree3Likes

Old 08/16/2011, 08:46 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCat View Post
When I found the direction to "get webOs doctor", I get Error: Sorry, that is not a valid serial number. ???

The serial number is coming directly from my TouchPad Palm Profile. Any ideas how to fix, so that I can download webOs v 3.0.2?

Thanks.
I'm getting the same error, but I'm connected to the internet via my mobile hotspot on my Pre+. (I'm at the campground until tomorrow)

Anybody know if the MHS is not efficient enough to do this? Do I need to be at home next to a pc on my wireless network?
11B1P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2011, 11:06 PM   #42 (permalink)

so all of a sudden I decided to check for an update and there it was...3.0.2 downloaded, unpacked, and verified.

now I have a screen stating "installation of HP webOS 3.0.2 68 will take about 15 minutes. Your device cannot be used during the updates..."

but nothing seems to be happening...

been this way now for 30 mins...

what next?
MDsmartphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/17/2011, 09:34 AM   #43 (permalink)

You have the press "install"
jbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/17/2011, 10:00 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
My parents both had the same prob last night. They got their 2 new 16Gig TouchPads from Staples and both said up to date. I had them reboot, try again multiple times, was no go. Finally talked them step by step over the doctor process and got them up and going on 3.0.2 last night and then today, its fixed. I should've just waited it out :P
LOL yeah and I could have got more than 4 hrs sleep! :-P
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2011, 11:05 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbond View Post
You have the press "install"
FYI for others, the 'install' button didn't show up after it did the download/unpacking. It just gave the 'it will take 15 min' message. I had to close the update app and restart it before the 'install' button appeared.
LurkerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2011, 08:47 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
try turni.g the tp off, then holding the volume button up and keep holding it while you plug it in (when prompted). Also reboot your PC before starting.
This seems to have worked for me, too.

Thanks!

- Gamely
Gamely Lounges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2011, 07:11 AM   #47 (permalink)

Hi all I'm a WebOS newbie. I will say I'm quite frustrated with not being able to update my Touchpad. Yes I got it for 99$. Yes I'm on the bandwagon. But this debacle I've been messing with for hours already is unacceptable IMHO. HP is a large, very large company with deep pockets. Deep. There is no reason their update servers should be "overloaded". Come on. They support a gazillion times more bandwidth across the globe for other platforms. HP is losing credibility with me anyway. The way I see it they have abandoned the OS as well.

Also this WebOS doctor or whatever it is won't work either. It sits at the "connect your device..." screen and no matter what I try it will not detect my Touchpad to give me the next button. I rebooted my PC(Win7) and rebooted my Touchpad AND held the volume up while plugging in the cable. Nothing. It seems HP threw their hands up with this platform. Any way so far I'm not impressed at all. Sorry to be negative but I wanted to have a good experience. I'm not. I kind of knew HP had no business in the IP/OS game. They are not right brain thinkers.

"Unpacking" to me means the software is already downloaded and the rest is processing on the hardware. Not so I guess since it times out saying there is no connection... Wha?
WebOSChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2011, 07:39 AM   #48 (permalink)

My update was buggy. One went well on the download, but then I had to go in and out to get the install button. The other kept stopping on the download, but i just keep restarting it and it finally finished.
Old 08/25/2011, 07:58 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilm View Post
Did you try entering developer mode first, like a Google search would have revealed?

Also, you just got a $400 device for $99, try to feel a little less entitled. If it ever seems like HP threw their hands up with this platform, it's because they threw their hands up with this platform - and they're not going to set up servers just to accomodate a one-time rush of people updating their now-unsupported device.
You are right. I should not feel entitled. I'll figure it out eventually. 99$ did buy a lot. I just wanted to start using it full blown but want to wait until I'm on the "latest and greatest" update. It was a vent/rant. I'll try another PC or just keep trying the OTA. Here's what I'm not regretting about this purchase(after using on 3.0.0).

-Wifi range/reception
-Flash performance in browser(particularly .swf animation)
-Screen angles
-USB Mass storage
-PDF reader
-Touchscreen sensitivity
-Cards/multitasking
Old 08/25/2011, 08:02 AM   #50 (permalink)
ilm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebOSChris View Post
You are right. I should not feel entitled. I'll figure it out eventually. 99$ did buy a lot. I just wanted to start using it full blown but want to wait until I'm on the "latest and greatest" update. It was a vent/rant. I'll try another PC or just keep trying the OTA. Here's what I'm not regretting about this purchase(after using on 3.0.0).

-Wifi range/reception
-Flash performance in browser(particularly .swf animation)
-Screen angles
-USB Mass storage
-PDF reader
-Touchscreen sensitivity
-Cards/multitasking
Well, let me try to answer your question less belligerently this time: I had a similar issue and found that one had to enable developer mode: go to just type, and type in "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart". You should see an icon pop up to enable developer mode. After that, your PC should recognize the tablet - at least, mine did. Hope it helps!
ilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2011, 08:06 AM   #51 (permalink)

My touchpad was having issues updating too. I ended up waiting till Monday morning around 6:30EST and it finally worked. It went slowly, but it downloaded and installed. It removed my 1.5GHz overclock kernel but I just had to reinstall it and it was fine.
johnwashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2011, 11:19 AM   #52 (permalink)

Tried it on another PC and it worked. Thanks. Now I'm not liking the new photo sorting method in 3.0.2. Haha. Always something.
Old 08/25/2011, 11:26 AM   #53 (permalink)

I think the real problem is the number of new users all trying to update at the same time, it will slowy download. best bet is to let do its thing over night and you will be good when you wake up.
merrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2011, 12:08 PM   #54 (permalink)

Download All webOS Doctors (TouchPad,Pre,Pixi,Veer,ETC)
bignoze is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0