Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    I was just curious. If she calls the butler hotline they can walk her through it. If that's too much, can she return it at retail and have them update it before she leaves the store?
    I forgot about the butler. Is that only available in the US though?
    I am stuck on 3.0.0 too. I downloaded the Doctor, but it tells me to plug in the USB cord to my device, which it already is. SO how the heck do I get 3.0.2 on my device?
    unplug it before you start the doctor, and leave it unplugged until it tells you to plug it in.
    Ok, I do that, I wait until it says "Connect your device" I do that, and my TP asks USB drive or cancel. When I select either, I still do not get the "Next" tab.
    try turni.g the tp off, then holding the volume button up and keep holding it while you plug it in (when prompted). Also reboot your PC before starting.
    Thanks, it worked. I really appreciate the help!!!
    When I found the direction to "get webOs doctor", I get Error: Sorry, that is not a valid serial number. ???

The serial number is coming directly from my TouchPad Palm Profile. Any ideas how to fix, so that I can download webOs v 3.0.2?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by FastCat View Post
    When I found the direction to "get webOs doctor", I get Error: Sorry, that is not a valid serial number. ???

The serial number is coming directly from my TouchPad Palm Profile. Any ideas how to fix, so that I can download webOs v 3.0.2?

Thanks.
    ha. wow.

you'll definitely want to talk to butler on that one!
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Please sign in here and you should be able to access the webOS doctor
    https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Please sign in here and you should be able to access the webOS doctor
    https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface
    That's how I logged in... then selected Device Options... then Get webOs doctor... then got the error message.:-(
    Quote Originally Posted by FastCat View Post
    That's how I logged in... then selected Device Options... then Get webOs doctor... then got the error message.:-(
    Can you send me a PM with the serial number you are using I want to check something...or you can contact webOS support via the phone if you are looking for a quicker solution.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Was just on phone w/HP support, and that info to them along w/PN. Download of 3.0.2 has started, albeit s-l-o-w-l-y.

Thanks for your replies. Will let you know how it goes.
    I had to do this last night, wasn't pleased when my preware and patches all dissapeared.

Anyways, I got the same issue with the serial number, I just closed out the browser and then went back and logged in again, my guess is that it was from me updating my java, it probably dropped the cookie and wasn't logged in properly.
    Not sure what happened. I'm gonna say that Hardbeatz worked some magic! Or, maybe FastCat's call to HP support? Either way, my new TP shipped w/3.0.0. I tried to update it immediately. Got that "You're up to date" message. Knew that was wrong. Started reading this thread. Had PM composed to HB, even. But, then tried OTA update again. Voila, I'm downloading 3.0.2 68 now.
    Yep, took 2 tries and a little over an hour to download/unpack/validate/install, but I've got 3.0.2 68 on my tablet. Maybe I was too quick "outta the box" (TP was only 2 hours old, to fully charge) before I started trying to update.

HP's servers must really be stressed, as I was able to download the 50+meg Kindle app in under 2 minutes, whereas this 38Mg update from HP took over 20 mins just to download.

But, thanks again for trying to help out.
    So it's back huh? I bought a 16gb Touchpad at Best Buy last night, and the first thing I tried to do after signing in to my palm profile was to update to 3.0.2.. ".. already up to date" ?? Tried it several times, powered off completely and tried again, still said I was up to date. I knew I had seen this thread so I started searching for it, but for some reason I had a hard time finding it. Ended up downloading the 3.0.2 doctor via the palm profile screen (sorta). Would not connect to the Touchpad until I put it into recovery mode though - haven't read enough to know if that is the norm or not. Anyway, happily running 3.0.2 now, trying to put it through its paces.
    My parents both had the same prob last night. They got their 2 new 16Gig TouchPads from Staples and both said up to date. I had them reboot, try again multiple times, was no go. Finally talked them step by step over the doctor process and got them up and going on 3.0.2 last night and then today, its fixed. I should've just waited it out :P
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    3.0.2 downloaded and unpacked. All of a sudden the updater said I was up to date. Now trying to get it a second time.

edit: updated! I ended up watching the process like a hawk.
    Last edited by diamond.g; 08/16/2011 at 07:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    My Hp App Catalog has not updated, and still have the July issue of Pivot running. Anyone else have the same problem?
    SS70Chevelle likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast