1.    #1  
    I ordered the TP on the 9th of August. 2 days after the famous weekend, some hours before the permanent reduction. Although the permanent wasn't announced yet, I bought it for 399$ but with import tax and shipping because I live in UK the final cost was 497$. The delivery estimate for any product for International Shipping is 18-24 days so I thought that I could have it before the 3rd of September that I'm leaving for London. Anyway, the estimated shipping day was set for the 10th of August.

10th of August
    The night came but the status of the order didn't change. The estimated delivery time was 22th August to 1st September

11th of August
    Early in the morning I received an e-mail saying that the order has been delayed. I checked my order and the shipping estimate changed to 12th and the delivery from 24th to 6th of September. I immediately I contacted Amazon and they told me not to worry and that the order will be delivered on time and they also gave me a promotion for next order because I complained about the maximum delivery time (from 1st to 6th)

12th of August (Today)
    I contacted again Amazon just to be sure that the TP will be shipped today and they told me not to worry but then I told them that I need it before the 1st and they offered me free Priority International Courrier for free (Actually pay and then refund in the credit card). The delivery estimate changed to 16th to 18th of August but the status was Not Shipped Yed

13th of August at 00: something uk time(Today 1 hour ago)
    I checked the amazon page and here is what I saw
    Shipping estimate: August 15, 2011
    Delivery estimate: August 17, 2011 - August 18, 2011
    I didn't receive any e-mail unlike the first delay but the delivery estimate is still up to 18th of August.

BTW the product is still in stock according to their product page.

So my questions:

Can they deliver within 2 days from USA to UK ??? Is it possible? How customs will clear the TP that fast?

Has anyone else ordered recently from Amazon the HP?

Will they refund me the shipping cost for sure?
    their customer service gets 5 stars from me, enjoy your new touchpad next week
  3.    #3  
    Yes but will they ship it on Monday or they will delay that too?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    I ordered the TP on the 9th of August. 2 days after the famous weekend, some hours before the permanent reduction. Although the permanent wasn't announced yet, I bought it for 399$ but with import tax and shipping because I live in UK the final cost was 497$. The delivery estimate for any product for International Shipping is 18-24 days so I thought that I could have it before the 3rd of September that I'm leaving for London. Anyway, the estimated shipping day was set for the 10th of August.

10th of August
    The night came but the status of the order didn't change. The estimated delivery time was 22th August to 1st September

11th of August
    Early in the morning I received an e-mail saying that the order has been delayed. I checked my order and the shipping estimate changed to 12th and the delivery from 24th to 6th of September. I immediately I contacted Amazon and they told me not to worry and that the order will be delivered on time and they also gave me a promotion for next order because I complained about the maximum delivery time (from 1st to 6th)

12th of August (Today)
    I contacted again Amazon just to be sure that the TP will be shipped today and they told me not to worry but then I told them that I need it before the 1st and they offered me free Priority International Courrier for free (Actually pay and then refund in the credit card). The delivery estimate changed to 16th to 18th of August but the status was Not Shipped Yed

I didn't receive any e-mail unlike the first delay but the delivery estimate is still up to 18th of August.

So my questions:

Can they deliver within 2 days from USA to UK ??? Is it possible? How customs will clear the TP that fast?

Yes they can deliver from usa to uk in 2 days, i have received many goods from there in 2 days.
    they probably had inventory problems after the "famous weekend' which they have now got a better handle on, what was the promotion they gave you?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    they probably had inventory problems after the "famous weekend' which they have now got a better handle on, what was the promotion they gave you?
    Free shipping for my next order the first time and free priority shipping for this order the second time! If they keep postponing there will be no next order though :P

Just kidding I love amazon but I am excited about TP and they don't seem to care :P

They never told me by the way that they have stock problems when I talked with them. They were just reassuring me that I will have the order before the maximum delivery estimate.

Mogambo that's good news
  7.    #7  
    It's been 10 days and although I've contacted like 10 times amazon, they do not know the problem with the order, they made me cancel and reorder twice and still the order has not shipped yet.
    Their customer service is so kind but so ignorant. They do not know anything about my order and the shipping department do not even notify me when there is a delay :P I have to log into my account to see that :P
    Stock is running thing cause the touchpad is selling like crazy! Or at least I hope that is what it is.
    They will deliver it within the few days. I ordered some books and when i tracked it is said est del from aug15 to sep 1 but i got them 3 days later. I guess they do it so u wont be deseperate.

Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post

10th of August

11th of August

12th of August (Today)

So my questions: