Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Most every time I get an app update notification and I tap on it.....

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/12/2011 at 11:16 PM. Reason: updated title
    never saw it
    I've never seen it.

<updated title>
  4.    #4  
    It happens to me most every time I tap on the notification that app updates are available. Happened on my original touchpad and now this replacement one.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Are you running the updated version of the OS?
  6.    #6  
    ....wait you winked...

7.    #7  
    Lol my thread title magically changed.. For the better thank you.

Yes I have 3.0.2

that's what I see after the app updates have been installed.
    I know it's a pain, but I would suggest doctoring a fresh version of the OS on your device. The fact that you say you've seen it twice would prompt me to reinstall a full copy of webOS on the device. I think that would be the solution for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that's what I see after the app updates have been installed.
    Really? Wow, I've never see it.
  11.    #11  
    This is a brand new touchpad...just lost sound on it again lol...and I've doctored my old one a couple times already.

Perhaps it is because I refuse to update radio time because all the reviews say that they lose local programming.

Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    I was getting that last night when I tried to view the details of an app. I'm not getting it anymore.
  13.    #13  
    So this is how it is for me. Two different touchpads, multiple times doctored.

Oh look! App updates! Tap on notification.

Software manager opens:

Continues to load:

AAAAAARGH!

I too have been facing the very same issue every single time I try to update from the software maanger 'notification'. This problem has been there since approx. ten days after I got the TP on launch day. By the way there are many people on this forum facing the same issue and this has been discussed in few threads earlier. We all had hoped that 3.0.2 would fix this, but unfortunately it has not.

Only once, a couple of days ago, I was notified of an available update and was able to successfully install the update from the notification. I thought then, that HP has fixed something on their end and that this issue is resolved. But as it turns out, it was only a one off thing and the problem still persists and I have been unable to update from notifications again, since then.

PS: 'Software Manager' does not automatically notify of any available updates, except for after a reboot. Even running the 'software manager' manually, does not show any available updates. The only way I have been able to update for the past month or so, is by looking through the new apps in the 'app catalog' and see which ones show an "update".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (127.6 KB, 13 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (89.0 KB, 13 views)
    • File Type: png 3.png (45.3 KB, 13 views)
    • File Type: png 4.png (44.2 KB, 13 views)
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/13/2011 at 12:20 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    w0z likes this.
    See it all the time during the evening. Problem normally goes away in the morning and I suspect they are simply slammed at night. Not sure really, but may be worth a try and much better then just doctoring and beginning again. Sorli...
    yes...annoying!!
  17.    #17  
    Ok perhaps it is night and busy servers. But annoying nonetheless. At least on my Pre when I go into the software manager is shows me updates. But on the TouchPad no. So the only way I have been able to get updates is to look through the new apps in the catalog and see which ones show update.
  18. AAA
    I'm having a similar issue, except I can't even load the market...
    -AAA-
    iPad
    iPhone
    Motorola Atrix 4g
    Motorola Xoom
    HP TouchPad
    does it to me almost every time too.
    Previous thread discussing this same issue -> system updates doesnt tell me I have updates
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast