Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Previous thread discussing this same issue -> system updates doesnt tell me I have updates
    Not exactly the same issue. I am already used to my Pre2 telling me every time I do a battery swap that I have app updates. My issue is that when I get update notification, I cannot update as it says try again later.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Not exactly the same issue. I am already used to my Pre2 telling me every time I do a battery swap that I have app updates. My issue is that when I get update notification, I cannot update as it says try again later.
    Actually if you read my posts here and in the other thread, you will realize that the two problems are interlinked and are both discussed in the previous thread.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    In one month of heavy use, seen it about once. Of course, I'm usually checking for updates or new apps in the morning.

Seems to me to be server overload or a bandwidth problem.
    I think it is just busy servers. I have seen it a few times, and saw it lots in the day or so after the upgrade came out.

Hopefully it means sales are good. Not that HP will ever tell us how sales are.
    I don't think it is a busy server issue for the following reasons. For one, the webOS universe is kinda small right now and if the servers can't handle the load now, I can imagine what will happen when and if webOS actually starts selling. Secondly, I have tried numerous times, for over a month now and at all times of the day and the results are always the same. Please don't suggest that their servers are always busy. Thirdly, regarding the notifications, why is it that software manager is able to notify about available updates after a reboot and not otherwise? Does my rebooting my TouchPad, somehow magically reduce the load on the servers?

I see that 99% of the time. Just like the "This is not a valid webOS application" message that appears when new apps enter the catalog. Eventually the updater seems to work, but never right off the bat. Mild annoyance for me, but like a lot of things webOS, I've just learned to deal with things differently.

My overall experience hasn't diminished any. I know eventually whatever it is....it'll get updated, usually within the day.The last 2 updates I got, I couldn't even tell what changed and didn't see any change logs anywhere. I didn't look that hard either mind your.

Things like Google telling me my login creds are wrong in the messaging app, when they're not, and double checked in the browser just in case some freak event had happened, get me more worked up than waiting a couple of extra hours for an update or new apps.

I never did figure out what that issue was, but it worked itself out on it's own.
    that's because everyone is getting a touchpad now and the servers are unable to handle the load
    @champiful...not sure if "everyone is getting a touchpad now..." is the right answer. One would think that not only would there be enough servers.....we're talking HP here....they make them.....but they would be wired in with triple-redundancy so as not to have that problem. Honestly do you believe that everyone in the world just happens to be hitting that update at the same time?? lol I can leave that notification on for a couple of hours, hit it, and get the exact same message. It seems to me that if I just ignore it for the day and hit it 8-10 hours later, it works. Who knows, ghost in the machine?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    that happened to me a couple of times, both times I just closed the update app and then relaunched it and it worked both times...
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    that happened to me a couple of times, both times I just closed the update app and then relaunched it and it worked both times...
    You relaunched it? What app did you relaunch to get your app update?

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    It is strange how people totally ignore what others have repeatedly stated. This is not a recent problem and a lot of us have been facing it, almost right from when the Touchpad first launched. Even more importantly, for a lot of us the update NEVER works.

got it this morn, went to app catalogue and found the 2 apps that had updates and pressed the update button both apps, worked fine
    I started seeing this problem after the 3.0.2 update, I did not see it prior to the OTA. I do remember the old "you have updates" bug on the phones but this doesnt appear to be the same thing.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12