Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By daffy4u
  • 1 Post By LCGuy
  • 1 Post By rnolan1087
  • 1 Post By razorsedge
  • 2 Post By IICODECll
  1.    #1  
    The TP makes me think of toilet paper. Seriously. I have been solidly in the ranks of the HP critics but I have been using the touchpad for a week and I like it in spite of it's shortcomings and as-of-yet undelivered promised features. So maybe we can start calling it the HTP instead because that sounds kind of cool. Really, TP sounds terrible and it just invites mockery.
    Just a matter of time before being banned - simply because I recognize that HP is killing WebOS.
    Umm...were you not there for all those Tampax/menstrating iPad jokes lol? Touchpad is not alone in the double entendres department. :-p
    Maybe HPTP. HTP might be confusing.
    leonkehoe likes this.
    Think Dr. Evil's voice here:

"How's about NO!"

(Sorry, just had to!)
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

sledge007 likes this.
    Keep it simple... TP. I think we can all be adult enough to get beyond the 8th grade humor.
    threed61#WN likes this.
    How about we just call it the touchpad?
    threed61#WN likes this.
    I still want to call it the PalmPad.
    threed61#WN and ag95keri like this.
    It is a cultural thing. i live in the US but I am french. Never in a million years TP will mean toilet paper for me.
    I call it the TouchPad, not TP, do you call the iPad iP?
    Quote Originally Posted by jahjahlove View Post
    It is a cultural thing. i live in the US but I am french. Never in a million years TP will mean toilet paper for me.
    OK, inquiring minds want to know...well, at least I do! What would mean toilet paper in French?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    if we do this people confuse it and call it the HTP:// !!!

Just type it out
    who calls it "TeePee"?? thats an indian house anyways...i might type TP but i always say TouchPad...
    I'm going to TP the TP with some TP while using my TP.

BTW: Devs, I'll buy a game for the TouchPad where you toilet paper Teepees. As a person of Echota decent, I'd find that amusing.
    First, I call it the TPad. Second, from your TPad you can go to "text assist" and make "tp" auto correct to "TPad" or "TouchPad" or whatever else.
    I'm always TouchPad. I'm not a fan of abbreviating names that don't need abbreviating.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Must be cultural thing. I've never seen/used TP as an abbreviation for toilet paper.
    Last edited by johncc; 08/13/2011 at 07:22 AM.
    Calling and typing are two different things. I've typed TP in more than one occasion to abbreviate. But I always *call* it a touchpad...same # of syllables so calling it TP doesn't really save you much.
    PP?!

Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    Can we get our minds out of the toilet?!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    I was with IICODECll and hoping HP would go with PalmPad in spite of all the double entendre that would have ensued with that one, and I didn't even think about the acronym!

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    PP?!
    But HP decided to go with TouchPad over PalmPad, and the PP became TP. How's that for 8th grade humor, rnolan?

I was using the TP abbreviation quite a lot in my posts, and of course noticed the resemblance to the toilet paper acronym. I didn't like it either, so I named my TouchPad Tabetha and call her Tabby for short ... because a device this cool needed not just a real name but a nickname, too.

(And yes, I am one of those people who names their cars ... but only the cool cars.)
    Past: Treo 300 > 650 > 700w > 750
    Present: HP iPAQ Glisten (WM) + TouchPad
    Future: Pre3 + Veer + TouchPad

Just waiting for webOS 3 on the phones. Please hurry, HP!