Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree6Likes
    My take on this is that if you were promised this $50 app credit when you purchased it, you would have a right to complain. For chrissake, they're _giving_ you a bonus. be grateful for it when / if you get it. It's whining that creates more issues.
    jaf0 software
    webOS app: BestPrice <-- click to view on palm's site.
    Bo likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dweigh View Post
    My take on this is that if you were promised this $50 app credit when you purchased it, you would have a right to complain. For chrissake, they're _giving_ you a bonus. be grateful for it when / if you get it. It's whining that creates more issues.
    Its not a bonus if you consider they paid $100 more...This type of thing should be really easy, consider HP has all the webOS profiles, I don't understand what takes so long?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    The reason is Accounting reasons and EOY Accounting..
    this, you can't leave an unlimited possible negative balance on the books forever. Clevin, I am guessing from you line of questioning you have never really dealt with profit and loss in a publicly traded company. Not to mention a publicly traded international company. They have to set a limit or they will never be able to give an accurate earnings statement or forecast again.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    this, you can't leave an unlimited possible negative balance on the books forever. Clevin, I am guessing from you line of questioning you have never really dealt with profit and loss in a publicly traded company. Not to mention a publicly traded international company. They have to set a limit or they will never be able to give an accurate earnings statement or forecast again.
    Yeah, I never dealt with this, although I do remember some other public traded international company, when in similar situation, issued some sort of credit which didn't expire.
    Who else is still in the waiting boat with me? I'm about to use live chat for the third time see what the hold up is.
    Quote Originally Posted by artitumis View Post
    Who else is still in the waiting boat with me? I'm about to use live chat for the third time see what the hold up is.
    I'm in your boat. Here's my experience thus far I put in another thread.

(approx 1pm CT on 8/17/11) = Just chatted with "Stephanie" on the WebOS Support Chat. She looked in their system and said "I see that you didn't receive an email from HP regarding Promo code.". So, she asked me to fax to HP at 408-547-0340 the following info:
    HP webOS Account Email ID
    Device ID/SN
    Date & Place of purchase
    Purchase receipt or any other proof of purchase
    Contact Number
    Time zone & preferred time for call back
    Service Request Number (which she gave me in the chat)
    Chat ID Session Number (which she gave me in the chat)

So, totally baffled as to why HP can't figure out that I bought the Touchpad since my email and webOS profile are all current. But, I just faxed the info. Now we'll see if anyone from HP will issue me a promotion code credit or not.

If you haven't received your app catalog credit yet, I suggest you get HP onto a chat line and if they give you any hard time, reference my experience above.

Update #2 8/17/11, 6:45pm Central Time:
    HP just called me. The person on the phone said they are escalating my issue to someone "higher" and they should call me back in 24-48 hours. Guess we'll wait and see what happens.
    Definitely let us know! I have not received my promo code despite purchasing my Touchpad from Bestbuy on July 1st. I am hoping to hear how it goes for you before dealing with their regular customer 'support' team.

(I work at a technology company that bases its value in customer service, so seeing this just makes me more upset knowing how easy it is *not* to have stupid hoops like faxes)
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234